« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gilbert Arenas -- Not Licensed to Pack Heat

1/5/2010 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gilbert ArenasNBA star Gilbert Arenas didn't have a license to possess the guns he stored in his locker in D.C.... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told there were four guns in Arenas' locker that were turned over to police, including a gold-plated Desert Eagle -- a gigantic handgun.

Arenas could be charged for "CPWL"-- carrying a pistol without a license.

As we previously reported, Arenas could also face assault charges stemming from the alleged gun-toting standoff with a teammate on Xmas Eve.

D.C. cops plan to bring in Washington Wizards coach Flip Saunders today for questioning. GM Ernie Grunfeld will be brought in later this week.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ziggy

40. Hey Chick? Don't go putting words in my mouth. I never said "ALL" (to use YOUR words). I have coached high school football for nearly 8 years now and frankly you don't know what you're talking about. Until you see the vast majority of these poor kids being ignored by UNMARRIED and sometimes UNKNOWN "parents" and left alone to run amok you wouldn't know. We try to provide some semblance of normalcy to them and steer them in the right direction. Yes, there are good and bad in ANY races but if you are going to sit here and tell me that the problem isn't a race issue in the NFL and the NBA then you are a NAIVE, BLIND FOOL. Keep an eye on the police blotter. It's 10 to 1 black in the NFL and 100 to 2 in the NBA blacks committing these crimes. You hate the reality and the truth, apparently. F**K political correctness. Speak the truth!

Posted at 8:23PM on Jan 5th 2010 by Hey Chick????

So, you are a coach. I feel sorry for your black student athletes because they don't have a chance in hell. Are most white athletes angels with high IQ's who ace college exams? No sir, you are the fool if you don't realize you're a hypocrite enraged by an insane jealousy towards professional black athletes who earn large sums of money. So you can gather all the statistics and listen to all the police blotters you want, I've just written the truth and I'm politically correct in stating you are a racist hypocrite.

Max_In_Missouri

I'm reading the comments on the story and WOW.... apparently you guys don't really follow basketball or understand NBA rules? As a fan, I am disappointed in the general public

Kobe rapes!

Loud and talentless

Ziggy

38. I have done more for black student athletes in any given WEEK than you have in your whole misguided life lady! Like most liberals you are a bunch of talk and ZERO action. Blah, blah, blah but don't actually contribute anything. Move to France. You're ruining this country, dingbat.

Posted at 1:59AM on Jan 6th 2010 by Chick is yet another liberal idiot

I like France when I've visited, but I love America much more. I'm not an idiot or a dingbat, the exact opposite. Anyway, you have redeeming qualities when you're not ranting and raving about your conflicting feelings towards black athletes. Your Archie Bunker qualities are scary, but your overall sense of humanity wins. I'm beginning to think your students may just have a pretty good coach, not perfect but you'll do. By the way, Arenas was suspended indefinitely and I'm satisfied with this ruling.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3