Courtney Love's Daughter -- Free At Last!

8/20/2010 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Frances Bean Cobain is officially and legally a free woman.

0820_frances_bean_courtney_love_GETTY_EX
The guardianship she was under automatically ended by law Wednesday, on Frances Bean's 18th birthday.  Prior to that -- and over the strong objection of her mom, Courtney Love -- Frances Bean was under the guardianship of her paternal grandmother.

Courtney has been tweeting like crazy, trying to get Frances Bean back in her life, but some of the tweets have been curious ... for example, "You've done a damned good job frances of destroying anything i could build that is positive, and i want to know why now that your of age."

Sounds like a real bonding moment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

TheUltraworld

Now she can get a job.

lipstickchick

Frances needs to stay as far away from this nut as possible. What a manipulative sow.

harleystpeters

Frances - good to see you made it out alive.

Kat72

I grew up listening to Nirvana and remember Frances being carried by her Mom at the VMA awards, it does not seem like so long ago!!! I wish Frances peace and happiness in her life and I think she did a brave thing in separating herself from such a negative influence. It is sad to think that the one person she had left to look out for her was so unreliable and irresponsible. Maybe one day they will be able to talk again, but for now I am glad Frances is getting on with her life.
P.S. Don't let the jealous idiots get you down. " She is ugly" translated: " I wish I had a million dollar trust fund and was not such a jackass loser" ( :

marcel

really kurt shouldnt've killed himself...he mmight've thought her daughter was better off w/out him but all he did was leave her in the hands of a shallow junkie b!tch...

Dave

I love this site, but some of the comments on this story were really effed up.

I think Frances looks great, FYI. That's just a bad photo.

SpitBall

I'm too upset about her hair to say anything......

Mary Elizabeth

How good would you guys look if you grew up the child of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love? Her father committed suicide when she was a baby; and her mother is a public train wreck. Can you imagine the stress this kid has suffered, over the last eighteen years? Not to mention the constant battle over who had custody of her. Now, she can be her own person. It will be interesting to see what Frances does with her life.

Nate

Francis doesn't like her mom because: EVERYBODY IN WASHINGTON KNOWS COURTNEY HAD KURT KILLED.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6