'Sister Wives' -- Backlash in Polygamy Community

10/7/2010 6:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kody Brown, his three wives, fiancée and 13 kids have created a house divided in his fundamentalist Mormon church.

Sister Wives

We're told before Brown decided to do "Sister Wives," he went to his Utah church for its blessing, but the main man -- called the "community leader" -- would not give Kody the thumbs up, because the law squarely outlaws bigamy and the church didn't want the heat. The community leader told Kody to make the decision himself ... and Kody chose to be a TV star.

As for members of the church, we're told they're all down with polygamy but split on one of its families flaunting their lifestyle on TV.  Some church members feel it's too risky -- the old waving-the-red-flag-in front-of-the-bull thing.

But despite the split, Kody and crew are still welcome at their house of worship.

Candi

BLJ11 is wrong, pure and simple. I lived in Salt Lake as well for many years and his/her characterization of the LDS church as sanctioning polygamist conduct is simply incorrect. All of you haters should go to mormon.org and learn something before you post and show the world your ignorance.

The polygamists are adulterers and criminals, nothing more, and this show simply glorifies criminal, immoral conduct. Shameful.

Patricia

I can believe TMZ is supporting this behavior.
I have very much respect for TMZ but seeing this make me sick.
I hope that TMZ will not support this behavior.
I know that is all for publicity and money.
But still wrong choice.
I love watch TMZ but more and more they have nothing good to present to the public.
This is one of the shows I will never watch or respond too.
Thank TMZ for all you do.
But please take this CRAP out of the PAGE.

Thanks,

Patricia

SoThere

Does anyone really believe that what he makes and
what 2 of his "so called wives" make can support that huge
house,4 adults, soon to be 5, 13 kids soon to be 16???
Come on. They've been getting government assistance until old
Kody decided to put his freak family on TV to rake in the
big bucks! Bottom line M O N E Y.

Candi

Patricia--is English a second language for you by chance?

Faloola

In my opinion, this lifestyle is about the guy's ego and his overactive sex drive, and having someone at his disposal to fullfill it. It's all about 'him'. It's rather chauvanistist (sp?).

ARTOFWAR

.....If Gay and Lesbian couples are allowed to marry in certain parts of the U.S., why should polygamy be frowned upon. What gives anyone the right to compel consenting adults, as to what constitutes proper marital unions.

At-least with polygamist marital unions, the anatomical parts coalesce.

The gay agenda has open up the floodgates, too all kinds of unorthodox marital possibilities, even those amongst family members.

So folks, hold on to your seats and put on your seat-belts, from here on, it's going to be a bumpy ride......Artofwar

LET

I feel bad for these women, no self esteem, and living with a dirt bag.....yuck.

dirty diana

i am not against gays at all but real TIRED OF HEARING THE GAYS ARE KILLING THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HANDLE IT!!! gays are not the only teens that kill themselves!!! what about the 50 per hour that AREN"T GAY killing themselves!

sgm

Thanks for the enlightenment! People definitely should not talk about gay marriage!

thinkaboutit

I turned this show on out of curiosity then soon turned it back off. The legal wife was jealous because her husband was courting his soon to be 4th wife, taking her out to dinner and buying her gifts,you'd have to be mentally ill to put up with this crap. No way in hell would I put up with this!

Rita

I've watched the show and read all I could about this family,I really enjoy the show. You can tell they love each other,it's not alot of the amish families that allow the sons to rape the girls in the family and just look the other way. I will support the show and family and I look forward to seeing it each week. They are so much better than most people out in the "real" world!

I'm a crazy person...

BJL411:

Welcome to 2010: We have re-defined "marriage" as "anything goes". If you have a problem with a man marrying multiple women then speak up. You'll be labeled a "bigot" by the homosexual crowd... Oh wait, no you won't. They got THEIR way, but I'm sure they'll be opposed to this just like those of us opposed to what they wanted.

Round and round we go down the toilet bowl......

onelove627

Wait a minute They said they were NOT MORMON http://www.ksl.com/?sid=1260...3468&nid=148

toto

Sister Wives? More like Sister Fat a$$es. LOL

Sarah

Mormons do NOT practice polygamy!!!! Anyone who tells you differently is wrong! I am Mormon and I can assure you that this is not something we do! These people belong to a completely different church!!!