Dr. Phil

Tried to Blindside Oprah

4/1/2011 1:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Phil set out to scoop Oprah -- the woman who discovered him -- on a huge show ... even warning his staff to keep Oprah in the dark.

0401_phil_oprah_launch_EX

TMZ has obtained legal docs filed in a lawsuit against Dr. Phil for allegedly defaming two men in the Natalee Holloway case -- the girl who disappeared in Aruba.

We placed a call to Dr. Phil's rep.  So far ... no comment.

Oprah had scheduled to do an exclusive interview with Natalee's mom, Beth on Sept. 20, 2005.  But Phil had been working as well to snag the same interview, when he found out Oprah was in the game.

In the docs, there is a chain of emails between Dr. Phil and his staff.  One of the producers wrote an email to Phil, saying she had found out that Oprah had an interview with Beth.  The producer had a plan: "But we can OUT SCOOP Oprah & do the show w/ her first no matter what we find tomorrow we still have an interesting show - plus only YOU can really help."

Phil (using initials DPM - Dr. Phil McGraw) responded, "WE DEFINITELY NEED TO SCOOP THE DEAL SO IF WE NEED TO SHOOT THIS WEEK THEN LETS DO IT."  Phil adds this caution:  "IF SHE [Beth] TELLS THE OPRAH PEOPLE ABOUT US THEY WILL LIKELY ATTEMPT TO DERAIL IT BY MOVING UP THEIR SCHEDULE."

The producer responds, "Grea[t] & she won't say anything to oprahs peeps she knows it would jeopardize what we are doing - I'll email you both tomorrow as soon as I talk to jamie & we can go from there!! Yippie scoopen the big O!!"

Cooper

buh bye both of yinz.......

Stop_The_Hate

Its business ..... nothing personal. So what if Oprah found out he had the deal first she most probably would have done the same thing.

Christy

Hey Jim (#6)- He is not a real Dr however he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. I really hope Oprah finds this out...he will soon be a Walmart greeter!

sky

Isn't it romantic that this pair are essentially fighting over the bones of a tragically missing young girl? Doesn't it make you want to run out and buy everything their sponsers are hocking ? To realize this after watching countless such cases , it curdles my blood , knowing that there is a very dark side to these people. Do they start fighting over each case as it becomes breaking news ? It is disgusting to me that i have played a part in this trend by watching the Jaycees , the Elizabeths, the JonBenets . Now i'm voting with my DOLLAR and refuse this type of programming and label it REFUSE.

As far as DrPhilidiot goes he should just thank his lucky stars that he has had any career at all; i mean...he's a jerk !

jamie

April fools!

Susie-Q

I remember when he and his whole cast were in Boston to host the boston Pops. He was such a major jerk. Making the city pay for ridiculous items for his staff, his "hair" stylist which he has no hair to being with. He really showed his true colors and he made people wait for everything. He is a total jerk. trust me. Susie Q from Boston

TheHOLETruth

Phil is a snake... but you guys at TMZ do the same exact thing, it's all about the scoop. If you hear that RadarOnline is hot on a story you hassle to get the gossip out first. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

MLGDHS

Interesting timing on TMZ part as the 800 million dollar lawsuit by the GOVT of Aruba for two Rats VS Dr.Phil is nearing the end. TMZ was horribly wrong in their last article about this lawsuit and I cant help but wonder what side they are actually on?

MLGDHS

greta

#15 said everything that needs to be said. He has gotten so full of himself, and his little prissy wife sits there like she is such a typical housewife, nodding her head to this and that, oh PLEEEEEEASE!!! I wish Oprah would wash her hands of him. She brought him into this world and I bet she can take him out! Dr. Phil have you looked in the mirror lately? You are an ugly old fat guy who is full of so much crap its got you all swelled up!! And the only reason your wife is with you is cause you have a wallet full of money! Everybody is sick of you. There is so much better tv on when your on.

real deal

Now I know why tigers eat their young.

MCSquared

Oprah owes her empire to Dr. Phil..He was the jury expert analyst in her defamation lawsuit here in Texas against the cattleman....That trial saved her skin which would left her virtually penniless (based on their suit)...Dr. Phil owes Oprah nothing....

Room Monitor

ok fine but I hope Dr. Phil passes out while gnawing off one of Oprah's extremely thick and yellow toenails while she chokes on Dr. Phil's tiny pe/nis. Yep I doz.

Barbarascy

Not surprised. This is a form of show business. It can get really nasty. However I am not surprised that 'Dr.' Phil was trying to bite the hand that raised him up. His superior attitude is a bit much for me to take at times. If I knew him in real life I would probably cuss him out a lot.

SAMI R

IN DEFENSE OF " OWN " MAYBE THAT WONDERFULLY ERUDITE PERSON WHO CLAIMS THAT NO ONE IS WATCHING "OWN " YOU COULDN'T BE MORE MISTAKEN...THERE ARE SHOWS ABOUT : PRAYING THE GAY AWAY ...I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE PAIN OF BEING GAY UNTIL I SAW THIS SHOW..THE SHOW ABOUT SEX OFFENDERS, LIVING IN FAMILIS WITH YOUNG CHILDREN..NO DONAL TRUMP, RAZZEL-DAZZEL..( SHOW AMERICA , HOW AFRO-AMERICANS ACT BY SHOWING THAT MOOSE NEE NEE LEAKES, AND AMERICA WILL ELECT ME PRESIDENT...MR TRUMP, YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE AMERICAN MIND-SET...SO DID MS PALIN ..DR PHIL ( DR. HAHA ! )WASN'T TRUE TO HIS FIRST WIFE..HIS BUSINESS PARTNER...SO EVEN IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR MS.O..IT REALLY WASN'T A GOOD " DO " MAYBE HE WILL RIDE ON INTO THE SUNSET TAKING .. THE KADASH BIMBO'S , THEIR PIMP MOM...KATE-PLUS 8..19 AND COUNTING ( WHATEVER DID THAT LADIES VA-JAY JAY ,EVER DO TO HER ?)ALL THE DONALD TRUMP BULL...., AND ALL THOSE HOUSE WIFE SHOWS...ME AND MY FRIEND AND FAMILY , WII CONTINUE TO LOOK AT OWN...THEIR DOING A SHOW ABOUT "FOOD ADDICTION "

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments