TMZ Live -- Why Rap Gets a Pass That Kobe Can't

4/13/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

What makes Kobe Bryant's gay slur worse than rap lyrics ... plus, Katherine Jackson's competency is questioned ... and, what it'll cost LeBron James' mom for her slap in the face. Also ... the most beautiful woman in the world ... why J.Lo?

31 answers on today's TMZ Live!

041311_tmzlive

AND ... if you want to ask a question live via Skype, email us your info (name, phone number, Skype ID) by clicking below!!!
0122_skyoe_join

TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(0:00) Off to a rough start ... Harvey calls Charles a douchebag.
(0:50) And speaking of name calling ... we give you all the latest on Kobe Bryant spewing a homophobic slur.
(6:02) Are there feuds between TMZ staffers?
(11:05) Great question -- involving the Boston Red Sox and the weather.
(13:20) Now that there's an NFL lockout ... are players going to start getting arrested?
(14:50) Jennifer Lopez deemed the "world's most beautiful" ... Max and Nina chime in.
(17:00) The most random Twitter question EVER.
(17:30) If Charles' life depended on it ... would Harvey eat meat every day for the rest of his life?
(19:00) More Twitter -- Trump or Palin for president? How do our camera guys recognize random celebs?
(31:00) Harvey confronts Evan about their beef from yesterday's show.
(39:30) Thanks to Dax -- a totally shameless end to the show.

*NOTE: Hey guys, Charles here ... just wanted to be clear about something I said during this episode of TMZ Live -- we're giving away TMZ swag to ONE lucky person who friends us on Facebook today. We don't have enough gear for ALL of you. If we did ... we'd hook up everyone. See ya tomorrow.

Jimena

guys i am close to boston and it has been raining off and on all day

logan

The male Tmz staffers are really hot, how many are gay?

Keedee

I actually find you two more entertaining than your actual show. (However, I do like the show too.)

jeepjeepwhat

an episode of south park portrayed the definition of f** as a synanum as douchbag.

S

I sure hope you do not use the phrases, "That is retarded." or "You are retarded." because that is just as offensive as "Jew you down."

jane

I keep checking for the new tmz live podcast each day, is there a regular time it will be available?
also.. love the KIND bars Harvey that you mentioned one day they are awesome!!!!!!!!

Juliet

So, "f" bombs are alright, and calling him an f'ing a-hole or d-bag is better?! I believe it was just used as a general derrogatory term, such as bitch or a-hole. That's the purpose of these words, to evoke and convey strong emotion. So if he called him a "f'ing turnip" but used the same body language and strain on the word, it's ok? It's the feeling behind it that matters and I believe he was just generally pissed and wasn't using it for it's literal definition. Everyone needs to chill on being the moral police and think about what issues are truly important. If you are wasting your time on these petty problems, what real issues are you missing out on?

Juliet

Siking out your opponent is all part of the game. If the other guy was offended and HE was the one complaining, his teammates would be calling him the same kind of slurs making fun of him!

John Stone

I think we all know why Harv is so upset about the F**king F word. A bit personal maybe?

RozD

Ok...let's give Charles more air time...I only watch to laugh, but that Charles is so fine...ump...send me a picture to add to my slide show on my computer Charles...not a stalker, just want a recent picture of you...SO VERY PHAT!!! LOL

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3