Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

canook

Peter Listerman:
"Bruce Willis is my buddy, and Robert De Niro too. I introduced them to my Russian babes. We met at the Cannes Film Festival. Bruce fell in love with one, and he didn’t want to pay her money. I forbade her to give him any sex. Bruce got offended and said: "Peter! What’s going on? "And I said to him:" Bring the “dough" first"

ttp://www.konasov.com/243.html

Snow White

Arnold is truly a Kennedy after all. Philandering with the household staff...how egalitarian of him.

sgm

First of all, she is the idiot! He was doing this long before they married. No one deserves to be cheated on but when you marry a cheater he will always be a cheater. What about the child who has not been recognized by his own father for over 10 years! How do you think he feels? Maria also defended him when women came forward and admitted he had sexually assaulted them, she knew what he had done and made these women feel even more ashamed for the act that they tried to reveal! No Maria, I hate that this happened but I don't feel sorry for you. Also, what privileged children you have, for your son to say," there may be some bumps in the road but at least we have Hummers to get over them!" What an insensitive, narcissistic brat! Must be like father like son. Wonder if he has ever met his half-brother!

Glock Gal

Mel can learn to shut his mouth, Arnold apparently can't stop being a pig and keep his pants zipped. I see this as MUCH WORSE!!

Rocco

Who is Mel ?

Harveysmom

This is why the Constitution should never be changed allowing foreign born *********s to become President of the United States. There are enough idiots that have held/hold that office right now.

Truth

"TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago"

No you didn't. You got scooped by a newspaper. Deal with it.

California sure is dumb. You let this guy be Gov for 8 years and now you have Moonbeam Brown again. No wonder Cal is in the crapper.

calvin Broadus

Odds just changed on the Vegas herpes story. Me guesses that Arnold is now a suspect.

northern gypsy

yikes...having a external affair is bad enough...
however...keeping a illegitimate child a secret for over a decade...
speaks volumes of his character !!!

toronstganymede

... sign the kid up for a re-make of "leave it to beaver" - let charlie sheen play the father ...

Unbelieveable

Dear Maria,
Run Girl....

Dear Arnold,
Congratulations on being just another conservative "family values" Republican cheating on his wife.

ppg

WOW, a Kennedy on the other end of a womanizing scandal. now that is rich.

Terri

Good luck in all of this, Maria. I wish you well.

Cooper

@Amber - ha, ha - please don't hold back!! just say what you mean......tee hee

Meowch

Lucky for Hillary, Bill favored cigars.