Katie Couric Officially

Gets ABC Talk Show

6/6/2011 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We told you about it last month, and ABC announced it today. Katie Couric will get a daytime, syndicated talk show on ABC.

Katie Couric ABC Talk Show
The network announced the deal today, unveiling the plan which puts Katie in as host and producer.  We've learned Katie's mentor -- former "Today" show EP Jeff Zucker -- will be the Executive Producer.

As we reported, Katie will make $20 million, mostly for the talk show but there's a relatively small amount for contributing to various ABC news shows.

Sources tell TMZ, the likelihood is ... Katie will get the 3 PM time slot when the show debuts in September, 2012.  That's the coveted slot Oprah owned for a quarter century in many key markets.

Matt Lauer will NOT be part of the show.

Katie Couric Photos
Previous Today in TMZ History

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Carol Yount

Cannot not stand her...why a talk show for her...she's borinnnnnnnnng. I cannot understand why 2 long standing popular soaps had to be make room for another stupid talk show.

Ricardo

Why? Hope she is as successful here as she was as CBS News anchor...you know, an anchor, the thing that weighs a ship down so it can't move...just like CBS News.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

DAMN IT! I JUST FOUND OUT WHERE "ZUCKER" IS GOING! ARE YOU GOING TO F--- UP EACH STUDIO ONE AT A TIME?

Diana

Get your facts straight and don't post things when you don't know what you're saying.....Oprah's "coveted spot" was the 4pm times slot, for 25 years (not 3pm) that is General Hospital's time. Now are you saying they are doing away with GH and putting her on at 3pm? Or is she infact in Oprah's spot at 4pm?

Michele

Oprah was on at 4p in Florida! Why take away GH?!? Hope her damn show gets canceled before it starts!

nikkiesthebest

General Hospital is on at 2pm Oprah was on at 3pm Why is everyone getting all upset, just changed the channel when after "scene's from the next GH" 2:56p LoL! Not that I watch everyday or anything ....

Susie

I live in Calif. Oprah comes on at 3:pm and so does general hospital. Ellen G. comes on at 4:00 PM. That is here in Ca. where I live. Same time slot for yrs....

Dallas

OMG - I agree, doesn't she have enough millions $$$$? She's been around forever. Give someone else a chance. RETIRE already!

cShell

Oh...so THAT's what crap ABC is replacing soaps with? I've never liked the perky pixie and will never watch her talk show. You just wasted lots of $$$ ABC.

Butterfly

I WAS A DEDICATED 'TODAY' FAN FOR MANY YEARS until NBC SNEAKED in Meredith Vieira, through the BACK DOOR, as SPECIAL correspondent and LEGEND! LEGEND??? WHY??? Wonder who kept the "door"open??? I had never, ever tuned in to CBS Evening News but now, I have discovered Scott Pelley who is among the very BEST. No question, I will remain with CBS Evening News.

diana

katie i know why u didnt like 50 shades of grey i agree for reasons i wont elaberate on except to say women who want to be in control in other things dont get this erotica.

julie nichols

I watched the show today andn was curious about the lady that started her own bussiness. I am a stay at home mom and love to crochet. i have sold lots of my stuff but would like to get pointers on how to make it big. any help please?

underpaid

how about a show how the underpaid should get better wages? You talk about the teeachers how about the janitors , and employee that don't even make $15.00 dollars we work are butts off to. You might give us a christmas present !!! We have to work 2 or more jobs just to make it. Oh they say you should get a better job. Well if they taugh us better maybe we would have the the better job. thanks the underpaid

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5