« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chris Bosh Begs Judge -- Let My Kid Go to NBA Finals

6/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh desperately wants his 2-year-old daughter to watch him play in the NBA Finals -- but his baby mama won't let her go to the games -- so he's going to court to try to force her hand.

0607_chris_bosh_EX_Getty_01

Bosh and his ex-girlfriend, Allison Mathis, are locked in a bitter custody war -- and while they hash out a permanent solution, they are currently abiding by a temporary court-ordered arrangement in which they share custody ... and right now, their daughter is with Mathis.

TMZ obtained an emergency motion Bosh filed with a Maryland court last week -- asking the judge to temporarily alter their agreement so "[Bosh's daughter] is able to share in what, to date, is the pinnacle of Bosh's professional career, and possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity."

In the docs, Bosh also includes an email he sent to Mathis last month in the hopes of striking a deal outside the courtroom.

0607_bosh_doc_EX_2

In the letter, Chris states, "I am embarking on a new chapter of my life by making it into the finals for the first time in my professional career and it's very important to me to have the people closest and dear to my heart to be able to share these moments with me."

Bosh continues, "If we can make this happen please respond asap and I will set up the arrangements for pick up/drop off without you even having to lift a finger."

According to the legal docs, Bosh never heard back from Mathis. So far, the judge has yet to rule on the matter ... but a source close to Allison tells us she does not want to change the arrangement.

But there's a silver lining in this story for Bosh -- according to the original arrangement, he's due to get custody of the kid back on June 11 ... one day before Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

And since the Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday night -- evening the series at 2 games a piece -- it seems Bosh will get to play in front of his daughter after all.

UPDATE: Mathis' mother tells TMZ, "She never objected to those dates for the playoffs or any such thing."

0608_chris_bosh_balling_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

deklyn419

r u all for the most part that effin stupid...the dude wants his child w/ him bc hes accomplishing something that not many people get a chance to do...would u say anything when a parent brings their 2 year old to a college graduation..didnt think so...and ftr when the kid grows up she can see those pictures and here the stories and no she was there..like funk yo who r u people to say anything about this..i swear u mofos are gonna get ur comeuppance w/ this bitter attitude so many of u seem to possess...

SensibleGramps

Bosh is a narcissistic moron.

The Ex should go back to court for supervised visitation for the this idiot.

saundra

I don't understand any of you guys.
Here is a man that is taking care of his child and all he want is to share this great moment. no matter if she is 2 and would not remember this at all this would still be great for him. females are something else they would make a man pay at any cost. act your age and allow this man to be apart of his child life.

SensibleGramps

Bosh is a narcissistic moron.

The Ex should go back to court for supervised visitation for the this idiot.

Tony

Politicians kids stay up late on election night as the votes are counted and they are even seen on their parents' shoulders during their victory speeches. Should they also be in their bed by eight?

LoudMouth

I feel for the guy. I look back fondly on all the great times I spent with my dad at age 2. The trips for ice cream. The circus visits. The vacations to Florida.

No wait, no I don't, I don't remember a DAMN thing from when I was 2...or 3...maybe a little from late age 4.

Quit tying up the court system with this kind of nonsense.

Heather

God women like this make us all look bad. It does not matter if the child remembers it. they will have plenty of pictures to remind her of this special time. What makes a mother think she can control what a father does with his child. Why cant this so called mother be happy that the father wants to be a father and take care of his child and spend time with the child. Im 36 and i have a brother that is 16 and our father went through hell to spend time with us but he never gave up. Thank god. Dont give up that mother needs to realize she dont own this child. All she cares about is money. i bet you if you dangled money in front of her for the extra time she would take it. thats so sad. A fater that does what he should by doing his 50% should get half the time with the child. and if the mother has no plans on her 50% of the time and is doing nothing important with the child than the father should be able to get the child. Bad this will keep happening and women will use childern as a pawn until the judge or laws wake up and change it so fathers are playing on even level. That man should be able to take his child to something that is so important.and the mother should want the child to share with the father. I hate crazy stupid bi*ches like this girl.

Mike

I see a few villiages have lost their idiots today!! Think outside of your villiage people. Im sure he can and will have the child in the VIP section, not sitting courtside in a car seat. A man that wants his child at the game to share in his possible win and not some gold digging bimbo.. Wow!!.. who would have thunk it?.. Its not about the child remembering its about a father who thinks enough of his child that something this important to him, he wants to share with HER!!

BNHonest

He definately wrote this for the lawyers, he's thinking ahead. Its great that he is making an effort to be apart of his daughters life. But it is also obvious to me that he wrote this letter so that it can be used in evidence in the future. Soon we'll be hearing that he wants complete custody. It cheaper for him in the long run. Hey, but what do I know...it's all speculation.

Sam

I'm pretty sure Chris knows his 2 year old daughter won't remember much of anything if she is allowed to grab a courtside baby high chair at the finals.

What Chris doesn't know is if this is the only year he'll ever take part in the finals, which is probably why he wants to do this more than anything.

Mark

So what if she is 2 years old? This is a special moment for her father and he would like to share it with her!

Johanna

The baby may be too young to know what's going on and it would be late for her, but I give him props for wanting his child there. Not many men care about their kids or are involved with their kids. He wants to share this moment with her and that's perfectly fine. It's great. I hope he gets to have her too. It's not like he wants her there for every game. It's one night, it won't hurt the baby.

Damon

Is this the same woman he had arrested/contempt?

Seriously doubt that she'll cooperate!

BTW, I took my 2yr & 5yr old to my companies charity baseball game, by 8:30 they were both sleep, they tried to stay-up but we have them on a consistent routine - bath and bed by 7:30.

Is he going to party if he wins or stay at home with kid?
I seriously doubt he'll stay home if they win, the kid will be with somene else anyway!

RabbleRouser

I hate it when women who are bitter about a break up use their child as collateral in their anger.

While, typically a 2 year old should be in bed at that time and probably not very interested, as Chris stated it is a special event that he wants her included in.

The first relationship a girl has with man, is with their father (I obviously don't mean sexual) . I believe that it sets the tone for how they will deal and interact with men in adult life. Chris' ex is doing their daughter a great disservice by not allowing her to develop a strong healthy bond with her father.

noneofyourbusiness

He wants her there to share in his excitement. He wants her to see him make baskets and block shots. He wants to run to her and hug her tight after the game is over-win or loose. I see no harm in this-at all. I'm really suprised so many of you can't understand that. I'm sick of women with-holding children from loving and caring fathers-and I'm a woman!!! It's not helping anyone-especially the child. Go Chris!