« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dallas Mavericks Star

Busted for Public Intoxication

6/15/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dallas Mavericks guard DeShawn Stevenson was arrested last night for public intoxication in Texas ... TMZ has confirmed.

0615_DeShawn_StevensoN_MUG
Law enforcement sources tell us, police received a call about some drunk guy wandering around an apartment comlpex in Irving, TX last night -- and when cops showed up, they found Stevenson ... who said he was lost.

Stevenson -- who does not live in the apartment complex -- then flunked a field sobriety test ... and was arrested for public intoxication.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the officers "felt he was a danger to himself and others."

Stevenson -- a major force behind Dallas' victory over Miami on Sunday -- posted $475 bail this morning and was released.

Stevenson's championship celebration started with him gloating in a t-shirt that read, "HEY LEBRON! HOW'S MY DIRK TASTE."

tmz-top-comments-banner
Amanda Amanda

Oh waaaah. Get over it. At least he wasnt behind the wheel wasted like so many others we hear about.

Dnice929 Dnice929

He still looks happier than LeBron

Carl Carl

I'm sure Abraham Lincoln would be proud to see his face tatooed on some guy's neck.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

zey

Why couldnt they have just driven him home.. he just helped boost the cities economy..helped lift the cities spirits for a few weeks and you arrest over this b.s..i mean cut the man a break coppers...

MexTex

what a shame!!!! not really a winner afte all!!!

zey

You mean to tell me the cops couldnt have just given him a ride home...dude just helped bring mucho money to the cities economy and helped lift the cities spirits for a few weeks.. he wasnt driving.. i mean geez cut him a break and give him a ride home.. dirty coppers..

HumanNature

HEY DumbShame!!!

HOW'S MY DRUNK "JACKASS"!!!

John

ANOTHER black athlete arrested. "G's" comment says it all. I agree 100%

anony

I thought they arrested him for stupid tattoos.

Jodi

You take these jocks off the playing field and they don't know how the hell to act.

Superman

MORON, that's what you get for not winning with class! and having dumbass neck tattoos!

lgriffin

Learn your history Deshawn before you permanently tattoo stupid "I'm a dumb***" to your neck! Lincoln owned slaves, Lincoln never agreed with the Emancipation Proclamation
quote from Lincoln during the signing:

"I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races. I am not now nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor of intermarriages with white people. There is a physical difference between the white and the black races which will forever forbid the two races living together on social or political equality. There must be a position of superior and inferior, and I am in favor of[..]igning the superior position to the white man."

Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to win foreign favor for the Union. He had every intention, and plans in place to move all Black people back Africa.

TrueDat

Thanks goodness it wasn't JJ Barea. Without his passport, Irving PD would have lit him up with a taser and shipped him off to Mexico being short and Hispanic and all....."sure you're Puerto Rican....that's what they all say..."

Daniel

Wow! I live in Irving, I'm surpeised I didn't see him since this town is small.I'm still proud of my Mavs, we shut Miami's big 3 lol. We're taking this again next year! Dallas Mavericks 2012 NBA Champions.

shagrath

there is justice in the world..

Jay

Police are stupid for arresting him. I feel him on getting wasted, he just won the championship

Atlantaguy

He should go to jail just for having that stupid tattoo on his neck. FAIL.

Victoria

All these states are realizing that alcohol is the ticket to TONS of money......

Hmm interesting tattoo