« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lenny Dykstra -- I Want to Go to Rehab!

6/17/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lenny Dykstra is finally admitting he needs help ... telling friends he wants to seek treatment for substance abuse once he gets out of jail ... sources close to the former baseball star tell TMZ.

0415_lenny_dykstra_ex_getty_3

Dykstra is currently behind bars in L.A. after he was charged with 23 felonies earlier this month -- including possession of cocaine and ecstasy.

Lenny's team has been trying to convince the judge to lower Dykstra's bail in the hopes he can get out of jail and begin treatment ASAP ... but so far, the judge won't budge.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jj

Dykstra wants to go to rehab/but the judge said "no, no, no."/"Once you've "paid" your dues/ all the way through/then you can go, go go.

O-C Guy

Lenny - Don't you worry about the expenses of rehab. You will have a lot of time in prison with its free "in-the-big house medical plans" to treat you. Also, since you will be serving a couple of decades behind bars, by the time you get out you'll be on Medicare to cover the costs of your mental & medical drug problems.

en Todo Momento!!

just legalize all drugs. i mean this kind of stuff just wasted billions of tax dollars!!

Zippy T. Pinhead

OK lets see here, he was charged with 23 felonies, so that means because he is a celebrity he will end up plea bargaining and get 2 years probation and 200 hours of community service. While the average pinhead would end up with a 12 to 15 year prison sentence and then if he gets out of prison alive he will be on life-time probation. That sounds fair!

Alexis

Lenny Dykstra is the biggest, racist scam artist I EVER met! He was trying to sell like a "time share" for private jets. He employed my modeling agency to do a casting for him to hire flight attendents... The check was written from an over drawn, closed account from some random business, that went bankrupt, I found out when trying to sue him for my money. The judge wouldn't let me sue him personally. Only his company! I basically can kiss that money goodbye!! I remember all his racist, sexist comments he made about the models. He even said his German Shephard was trained to hunt Jews! He's crazy!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2