'B-ball Wife' Sues: Co-Star Beat the CRAP Outta Me

7/22/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Basketball Wives" star Meeka Claxton claims her co-star Tami Roman beat her to a pulp in an Italian nightclub recently -- and now, she's out for revenge ... SUING Tami for assault and battery.

0722-claxton-tami-roman-exd2

TMZ broke the story ... Meeka and Tami had been at odds with each other for a long time -- and according to sources close to the show, Tami tried to settle the score once and for all last month ... with a fist fight.

According to the lawsuit, filed yesterday in New York, Tami "assaulted, battered, beat, threatened, menaced, attacked, jumped on, pushed to the ground, thrashed, punched, and shoved" Meeka ... causing serious injury.

Meeka wants Tami to cough up unspecified damages, claiming the incident cost her a day of filming -- and put her through an emotional and physical hell.

So far, no word back from Tami's camp.

ladyinred40

I like Basketball wives but Tammy is a classless, trashy and ghetto. She is bringing the show down and actually making the other ladies who humor her pathetic comments look just as classless. Tammi needs to be FIRED!!! She has to go or the show will lose viewers. Meeka was right about what Tammi said and they can replay that. Tammi hit her b/c she's an animal that needs to go live in the wilderness. My goodness.

gsquare1

I'm not sure what to think.......I jus*****ched OBama speechabout the economic crisis.....and then i see 2 black grown ass womon on basketball wives fighting over bull-****......Im not sure what to think......

Merry

YES!! Tami is incredibly unstable! That bitch needs some serious help but more than that, she needs and deserves a very serious ass beating!! I don't usually condone violence in anyway but this is the exception.

I hope Meeka sues her ******* ass! And the great thing is, it is all on tape!GOTCHA BITCH!

to the struggle

sistahs - let's do better. effective with tonight's episode- i am no longer a watcher of basketball wives. the more we watch - the higher the ratings and the more we, the viewers, seem to approve of the abhorrent behavior of those that comprise the cast. we should demand better - and expect more from ourselves. if the image portrayed on this show is the one that we want the world to have of Black women then keep watching. as for me - i am going to lift up the women whose image and contribution is the one i would hope to have my daughter emulate!

Kristi

Would it have been better if it hadn't come to physical violence? Definitely! However, Meeka got what she deserved because she came on the show from DAY ONE trying to target Tami because she doesn't feel that Tami is on their financial level. She has been making it a point to take jabs at Tami any time she can when they're in front of the rest of the ladies (especially Evelyn, Jen & Shaunie). It's like she's trying (way to hard) to fit in with those ladies by putting Tami down. Tami might not be on the same financial level (as she didn't get any financial help from her ex) but she is REAL. She fights for what she believes in and lets you know how she feels and what she's about up front, in person, to your face. It's not ghetto or classless to be real; and if that's how you are in real life then why would you change it just because you are on a tv show now? Bottom line, Meeka ran her mouth trying to front and put Tami down, and Tami caught her up and called her on it in front of the ladies that Meeka is trying SO HARD to fit in with. GO TAMI!!!

Mary Williams

I think all of them are afraid of Tami. I thought I was going to like her, but she is a trouble maker. Meeka just bust her bubble because she did say that Shaunie, Jennifer, Suzie and the other girl were phony and fake and she was tryin to change her story in front of Shaunie. And Suzie has diarrhea of the mouth big time. She can't hold water. She's scared of all of them. Royce, I like her. I think she's the youngest of them all. I wonder how Jennifer feels now. Pay back is a motha. She said that Royce caused all of her own problems by her mouth. Jennifer can join the club, her problem with her friend caused friction because she was running her mouth about her friends boyfriend on the radio. The pot can't talk about the kettle.

Gail

I'm glad Meeka is suing. I can't wait until the other girls see the tape where Tammi does call them exactly what Meeka said she did. Tammi is a mess! I felt bad for Susie at the last reunion, but she can't keep a secret or private conversation to save her life. Susie was dead wrong for carrying that gossip to the other girls. Meeka will have the last laugh when the girls hear what Tammi really says about them on the tape.

Stephon Powell

TAMI IS AN OLD AZZ DRAMA NO LIFE BEYOTCH...THATS MAKES YOU DONT WANT TO DATE BLACK WOMEN TOO MUCH DRAMA

1sonothavinit

So Apparently Tami gettin what she deserves... you can't go around hittin people cause you feel like. You crying broke on one episode got a couple checks and now PRAYERFULLY! You will pay up and work a little harder to control your temper cause where im from you wack,,, and playin on that im so tough will get you no where, Stop it! You about forty and it's definitely time out cause all you need is somebody like me to pay that ass a visit... Literally! A ass woopin that is. You know you said it thats why you mad at Meka talking about I hope they side with me since i been here the longest. Get over it this ain't fifth grade or is it? the way you acting. *imdone*

Gail

All I can think of is how lucky Gloria must realize she is. She could have been in this hot mess and deal with the stupid drama that Tammi and the others have going. I think that they were all jealous of Gloria's relationship and family. Royce got what she deserved cause she started all the mess between Gloria and the other girls and now they are against her and she finally knows how it feels. What goes around comes around. Tonites show with Tammi assaulting Meeka makes me sick to the stomach. Jen is always laughing when Evelyn is talking to someone with venom and now she knows how it feels to be on the other end of Evelyns anger. Shaunie, please understand that you can have an interesting show without getting down in the gutter like Tammi did tonight. Tammi is sad, bitter and pathetic!@!!!

Dee

Good for you Meeka!!! That is what Tami get. You were right about what you said in the letter to Shaunie. Tami is nothing but a classless bum b _ _ _ _! I can't understand for the life of me how a GROWN woman conduct herself that way, on television no less. She is a mother of two impressionable teenage girls. She's always ready to beat on someone. Usually when people act that way, there is some pain and anger within them that gets displaced on the world. She needs therapy, better yet, she needs JESUS!!!!

Dee

Phil

I feel sorry that these simple minded low lives that have never had anything let trash like Tammi scare all of them. That Asian trash is just that. Who fights and curses like that all the time. Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. It should be called ex ball wives, cause their exhubbies wanted class. Not trifling girls.

Valvety

Tami needs to press rewind and take a look at how she acts when she drinks. Definitely not the lady like quality she THINKS she have. She is just as "Phony and Fake" as the rest of them. The only one who is real is Royce, and all the "old girls" are jealous of her.

Linda

It's a shame these women some who are mothers behave in this manner. Shawnie O'Neal should be ashamed of herself. Instead of laughing and mean girl comments being made after the fight by the other castmates Tami's butt should have been sent home and to therapy. All of them should grow up and act like women. Quote from the countess "money can't buy you class".