« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

World Peace Delayed

Due to Traffic Tickets!

8/26/2011 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0826_ron_artest_postponed_ex

Ron Artest will remain Ron Artest for at least 3 more weeks, because a judge just ruled there will be no Metta World Peace until Ronnie clears up his outstanding traffic ticket warrants.

Ron's name change petition went before a judge this AM, but hizzoner said he would not grant Ron's request because Ron is a scofflaw.

The new hearing is set for September 16.  We're guessing Ron has the cash.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

antsme

Second!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all that's important on this issue.

Justice_4_Kelly

A millionaire with traffic warrants ... unbelievable.

Jodi

He needs to change his name to "I'm an idiot".

Liz

who the hell is he?!?

Pam

Not sure why he would give up a great name for a fairly stupid sounding one ad I am sure it was not to avoid paying traffic tickets. It is true though, you can't change a name to get out of 'criminal' responsibility so if he changed his name they could not collect on those tickets, I am sure that was the judge's reasoning. I hope, when he comes back to court, the judge asks him several times whether he is really sure that he wants to change his name to the new one he has chosen, and if he is sober while answering that question.

This sounds like a bit of a publicity stunt and one more easily solved as just him doing business as Metta World Peace which he could use as a public name until he gets tired of the women breaking into guffaws during intimate moments when they whisper 'Metta World Peace' to him. That happens once or twice he will start telling women "everyone close to me just calls me Ron".

TheHOLETruth

Too cheap/poor to pay traffic fines... How did he piss his money away so fast. It might have just gone up in SMOKE [hint, hint] which might explain why he is so strange.

Cooley

I used to like him, but since he's decided to change his name ... he looks like a complete idiot (I mean even more so than before!). I'm ignoring him from now on. Dumb name, dumb move. Dumb career choice.

ChunkyLightning

That sounds like the government!!! Getting in the way of world peace in L.A.

some guy

Ehh... I got a letter from NJ saying I owe them money for an old DUI case. I have a valid driver's license right now. I paid it off months ago. Pretty sure there's some error on their side.

BisbeeChris

"hizzoner"???? Are you using that spelling because Ron Artest is black?? Racists TMZ strikes again!!

JBF

Go to 666mafia.com and look for link to buy this domain name today. Money is in the name.

Dan