« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jonathan Papelbon

PARTYING

Like the Red Sox Didn't Choke

10/10/2011 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1010_red_sox_ex_photo
It doesn't matter that his team was eliminated from the MLB playoffs in one of the most epic September slides in baseball history -- Boston Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon went out this weekend and partied his face off anyway!!!

Papelbon -- who reportedly made $12 mil in 2011 --  hit up Bourbon Street in New Orleans with some buddies Friday night.

In case you missed it, Pap's Sox blew 18 of their final 24 games ... and were shockingly eliminated from the playoffs two weeks ago when they lost the last game of the regular season.

Who needs the World Series when you've got a fistful of beads?

1010_mardi_gras_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DetroitRocks

I cant stand the guy but is he supposed to sulk in his house until next season? Non story

Randy Morrison

SECOND NON STORY ALERT IN A ROW!!! If there is nothing happening, so be it. DON'T post nonesense like this...nooooo one cares.

Kaffee

Not as shocking as the Tigers beating the Yankees right in their own home--is it?!!

Go Tigers!!!

Michael

Slow day, TMZ? Really, what is the mourning time for a Red Sox player before they can drink and have a good time? You guys really are douchers sometimes.

Bobby

Sports stars don't really care about winning. However, if their checks don't clear the bank - its another story. Then you'll see the passion.

AntiSocialForum.com

Jonathan Papelbon has always been a turd

Denise

This is such an non story. He was in New Orleans having a good time how dare he!!! Do you stay in your hotel room on your vacation?

Give me a break!

If I made that kind of money at my job for being just ok at it I would be naked and drunk off my ass throwing those beads. His life doesn't suck. I'm sure there are a few Yankees that aren't sitting home crying in their beer either.

Slow news day.

Lori

Paplebon will have a shock next season - I am a HUGE Red Sox fan, but this September shocker was the END! As far as I am concerned EVERY player, (except for 3) should be FIRED! Papelbon INCLUDED!

steve

So you believe that he is supposed to lock himself up in a dark room, pout and never go out and have fun again until the Red Sox win another World Series. If he did it the night of or after the Red Sox were eliminated, I could understand people criticizing him. But c'mon the guy needs to have a life outside of sports.

Mike

Hilarious! Why? TMZ is so desperate to show celebs/sports athletes in a position that every single person on planet Earth has been (that being enjoying themselves)that they have to spin it somehow. Fantastic journalism you dolts!

joecrabs

So? So I guess dude is supposed to be balled up in the fetal position crying until next season starts? Sometimes the stories on here are so G-- D___ stupid.

Damon

News Flash!

Papelbon is always Partying!

Be thankful he has clothes on!

This is actually the most tame I've seen him especially around alcohol!

bluemorfin

I could care less about that guy... but where is the LIVE TRIAL of Dr. Murrey??????????????? I was following it up since day 1. can someone tell me what happend?

Rogue Warrior

Classical THZ, making something out of nothing. Like he single handedly made the Sox lose and he should mourn for a certain period of time according to THZ, who knows ZERO about sports....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments