« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kim Kardashian Divorce

Kris Was 'Chasing Fame'

10/31/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kris Humphries Was Chasing FameKim Kardashian's friends are scoffing at Kris Humphries, claiming he's full of BS when he says he wanted to have a simple life with her in Minnesota, because once the marriage fell apart, he immediately began "chasing fame."

They're saying in the last week or so, when they started talking about the possibility of divorce, Kris went into full Hollywood gear, talking about "branding" the Kris Humphries name with cologne, nightclub appearances and what not.

And we're told Kris was pushing to keep their connection going, even if they ended their marriage ... and that threw up red flags.

We're told Kim was especially put off that Kris hired a Hollywood publicist over the weekend to work on his image.

As we previously reported, one of the main reasons for the divorce was that Kris wanted Kim to move to Minnesota, but once it became clear she wasn't leaving Hollywood and the marriage was over, Kris was all about the very things he despised.

Funny, they have more in common than we thought.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

gl-rockford

C'mon! Kris is a simpleton that got taken to the hoop. TMZ, are you so scared that KK will "cut you off" that you have to paint the guy as "bad"? Kim is a talentless whore that got famous selling her body, what's wrong with Kris making some money off the fact that he was banging a Kardashian?

GDM0594

The Kardashian Family is one discusting ball of BS that has no talent or value whatsoever - Why do people watch this SH*T, they need to GO.

Bird

F_ck you, Kim Kardashian. You have a lot of nerve accusing someone else of "chasing fame" seeing as how you've turned your whole life into a reality tv show.

Lord, I hate this bitch. I'm so f_cking sick of seeing her smug looking face every time I pick up a magazine or turn on the tv. I would give my last dollar for a chance to punch her in the face. Nothing extreme, just one good solid punch right to the face. I could die happy then.

Barbara

I do not believe Kim at all. I still think she is pissed our his club activities with the young ladies. I also believe the "momma" Jenner can not control him and she wants him out. They finally made Scott toe the family line, but Kris has a career of his own and does not need them. Bravo for him for getting out.

MJL

So a guy without a job right now tried to make some money doing exactly what made his wife and in-laws 65 million dollars?

**** you Kardashians...**** all of you. Bruce - you're cool.

Ozzie in California

Boy oh Boy!!! Sounds like this is going to get very ugly before it gets any better!!! Ouch!!!

Jodi

This is all BS coming from Kim's camp. People said the K's would make Kris H look like the bad guy in all of this.

"Kris went into full Hollywood gear, talking about "branding" the Kris Humphries name with cologne, nightclub appearances and what not."....excuse me but didn't TMZ report earlier in the game that Kris J would be Kris H's personal manager just like she is for Lamar?

And if she isn't his manager what's wrong with Kris H getting his own grind on? Kim does this all the time.

Nancy

This is Kim's side of the story and I, for one, totally don't believe it. He seemed like deer in the headlights and not the least bit interested in the fame and hoopla. Might not be too bright, but I don't think he's as money-grubbing as she is.

TJC50986

She let TMZ and Ryan Seacrest report the divorce without telling him first and he is the fame whore?!?!? I'm not buying what Kim and her mom are selling here, no frickin way

AntiSocialForum.com

Ironic, now Kim Kardashian knows how annoying fame chasing whores are.

tlcmk

I think it is sweet he wants to be a fame whore just like his wife.

gl-rockford

TEE - That had me rollin' - Bruce Jenner with an eye on each side of his head. LOL Funny thing is, Bruce Jenner is the only one in the whole house that ever did anything to be proud of. The women just get naked and have sex with athletes. Isn't there a young girl coming up? Is she tearing thru the local little league yet? BOYCOTT KARDASHIAN = BK

JLG

What is the difference between these shameful, sad people and Bernie Madoff?
I am so embarrassed as a human-being that in a world full of kind, respectful, caring, TRUSTING and SINCERE humans, that struggle everyday to make end meet.
And here we are saying it is ok.

db

when you gonna man up, lamar? or, u just like being your wife's/mother-in-law's bitch??? you gotta keep what you got by giving it all away! unless, of course, you've got another life coming your way after this one??? if so, enjoy being nothing in this one. you're a mofo laker-- live your life like a rockstar and not someone's bitch!

TJC50986

And let's not forget the production tape from the wedding where they set up the next big payday for the family by telling Scott and Kourtney to have a moment and talk about marriage. Bet me the next big E! special will be Scott and Kourtneys bogus wedding