« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hines Ward

TERRIFIED of News Leak

During DUI Arrest

3/13/2012 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_n405mznd_0_5gut97rh
Pittsburgh Steelers
legend Hines Ward had ONE concern during his DUI arrest last summer ... the media finding out about it -- this according to police dash cam footage obtained by TMZ.

During the tape, Ward asks one of the arresting officers, "This going to be all on the newspaper though?" The officer replies, "Only if you tell somebody."

DUI is no laughing matter -- but there is one funny moment, when Hines was sitting in the back of the squad car and the officer slammed on the brakes ... sending Ward's forehead into the plastic divider.

TMZ broke the story -- Ward was arrested in DeKalb County, Georgia last July after a police officer observed the football star failing to maintain lane in his Aston Martin ... and hitting a curb.

The DUI charge was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain last month -- when Ward pled guilty to reckless driving instead ... and was sentenced to a year probation.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Julia

I wasn't even aware of the existence of penny auctions until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can't imagine buying anything other than food or clothing anyplace else. My favorite is at ( http://tinyurl.com/TopBargains ) It took me a few days to figure out how to bid but now I am savings big bucks there. How they can sell iPads, Macbooks, HDTVs, Digital Cameras, Gaming Consoles, and more for steep discounts of 75%, 80%, or even 85% off retail price, I don't know. I do know that I bought my son an iPad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Loews gift cards for $48. Why would I shop anyplace else?

Simone

Oh my God he is so hammered.

jetfanglo

boo-friggin'-hoo......slow news day tmz?

Joe

I feel bad for the guy. He always presented himself as a gentleman whenever he is on the field or on a tv show. Of course he is worried about his future as would anyone.
Don't get me wrong, people can die if you drink and drive. It is totally wrong !

BOB

WHO THE F**K CARES TMZ,,,BUL**HIT

gutsygirl

Own it, Hines, and be an example. Is this why the Steelers are getting rid of you?

Cricket

Hopefully, since he was so worried about what the public thought, he won't drink/drive anymore. After seeing this, I see why he's embarrassed.

Jim Albert

When I lived in Los Angeles.. Cops would slam on the brakes to have the prisoner slam into the divider if they were being a pain in the ass.. They called it a Screen test...

lisdghie

==== http://www.top4biz.com

top Nike air Jordan shoes33$,Air Force 1 33$, Nike dunks SB shoe,Nike Shox shoe. Wholesale Cheap Nike shoes with discount jersey, High quality T-shirts,ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy shoes,ED hardy Jeans,Evisu shoes,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel Handbag
Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35

Jordan (1-22)&2009 shoes $45
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $30

PaulWS

With the ridiculous overreaction to DUI's nowadays you can't blame him.

itsnoise

There is no shame in calling for a ride especially if you can afford it. But there is shame in sitting with your arms cuffed behind you and wondering out loud if you're going to be on ESPN. It's TMZ jackass not ESPN...

oldgeez

"but there is one funny moment, when Hines was sitting in the back of the squad car and the officer slammed on the brakes"

I thought they quit doing that once they grew up....oh my mistake, cops never grow up. They have the guns and the cuffs and everyone better know it.

"The invisible dog just ran out in front of my car".

Eg

And this guy was driving...

Cat

If you have not heard , Hines was released from the Steelers a few weeks ago. As a die hard Steelers fan I think this was wrong and the Rooneys should have let Hines retire as a Steeler!

j