Matthew Fox

Popped for DUI

5/7/2012 10:02 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/7/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0507_mathew_fox_tmz_2
"Lost" star Matthew Fox was busted for DUI Friday in Oregon ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Matthew was arrested at 3:23AM on suspicion of driving under the influence. We're told there was a passenger in the car.

Matthew was taken into custody and released later that day.

Details surrounding the arrest are unclear -- but sources tell us, it was alcohol-related. We're told Matthew was en route to a fast food restaurant for some late night eats at the time of his arrest.

Matthew lives in Bend, Oregon with his family. Calls to Matthew's reps were not returned.

update_bar
4:40 PM PT -- A rep for the Bend PD just released a statement, claiming Matthew was pulled over for failing to maintain lane and failure to signal. Matthew was arrested on the scene after the officer decided he was intoxicated.

So far, there's no mug shot -- we're told the camera at the police station was broken. Matthew will have to return to get his photo taken. He's due back in court in June.

0424_celebrities_dui_footer

LeeMoney

Poor Jack-still battling alcoholism

Majestik

I'm glad I don't live in Bend, Oregon and drive home from work at 3 am. Just saying.

Steve

He was arrested at 3:23am. Hold "Shift" for the first "3" in the time and you get #:23. Jack Shepard was candidate #23.

LasVegasResidency

Shucks....

DTrumpJrsDoubleChin

He looks like he has the ability to be a mean person and he had a drunk altercation sometime back with a female bus driver whom he punched, so Matt, get help man. You seem to have drinking and anger management issues.

Mufumba Luis

Luck enough there was no hit and run

Carl

Seems like another of the island's powers is to cause people to drive drunk. What is this, 4 or 5 of them now?

rico

soon to be followed by a stint in rehab within the next couple of days...mark my words.

Tracker

test

feinburgrl

I can understand why people get pop drunk from a bar but celebrities with money can easily pay a taxi $40 to drive them home.

Trisha

What is it with celebs and driving drunk? As if they didn't have the money to hire a driver! Or take a cab! Alcohol indeed kills brain cells! What other explanation for such dumb behavior. Even more disappointed, if it was a actor/singer/celeb that I liked at first... quickly losing all my respect for those idiots!

Sober Dudes

WOW! Shame, we are a Professional Designated Driving service here in Bend, getting clients home in their own vehicles... or to where ever else they need to go... all under 100% confidentiality. Mr. Fox, we believe IS aware of us.... he must have forgoten.

Tesla_Consulting

This is what happens when you don't have two cars.

LOSTeph

Ok Jack let it go. I wish Vincent were with you. The island is waiting, and so am I.

I really miss L O S T

yeap, I have all the seasons but still. There were so many nice places to live, take your pick - The Swan hatch, Othersville, the Communications center was cozy enough, the BlackRock, the beach, even the Elizabeth was nice, if you like boats.

fyi, LOST is NOT dead and never will be, so get LOST

xxoxoxo to my LOSTiebuds

Mama3

Bend, Oregon is where I live and our community is one of the best in the many options to get home if you have been drinking. He should have used Sober Dudes! Not right to drink and drive. To many people die that way.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments