« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

'I'm 200% Innocent'

7/13/2012 11:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

071312_adrian_peterson_launch
NFL star Adrian Peterson insists ... he did NOT resist arrest last week outside a Houston nightclub after allegedly shoving an off-duty police officer -- claiming, "I'm 200% innocent."

The Minnesota Vikings running back just spoke inside a Houston courthouse, telling reporters, "I didn't push, shove, touch anything or anyone, especially an officer."

He added, "I definitely don't have a problem with the Houston PD. This involves two individual officers that I have an issue with. Once everything is settled, the truth will come out."

Peterson was at court this morning for his arraignment on the resisting arrest charge -- but the arraignment was postponed to August.

On his way out, Peterson was asked if the incident was a run-of-the-mill drinking situation that got out of hand -- and Peterson responded, "Yeah, pretty much."

As for the off-duty officers involved in the arrest -- Peterson's lawyer says they were all in uniform at the time.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Go Tiger!!!

I would not of believed him at 100% certainty.
But a 200%??!
He must be innocent!

OooooNooo!

He admits it was a "drinking situation that got out of hand" but then says he's 200% innocent. Yea, . . . right. . .

Rznkain

Here we go will not be long til he plays the race card.Wait and see never fails.Where is the NAACP and Rev.Al and jackson Adrian needs you asap.

Pudding Tang

Like the ole equation goes..... 100 + 100 - 200 = GUILTY!

Sienna Sacha

Actually, Adrian, you are guilty. . . .what were you doing in a bar at that time in the morning? Why did you fail to obey a police order? I hope you go to jail. . .

RD

One of my pet peeves is the dumbass use of something can be over 100%. When will people learn how stupid they sound when they say that.

RobN

God, athletes are stupid. Really, it tops out at 100. It shouldn't be that hard to grasp. Hope he gives his defense 110%.

Max

Just 200%? Hmm, I'm not sure then. I mean if he was 300% or maybe the full 500% then perhaps....

Jackie

OFC...would he say that he's guilty!?!...huh

Ali

What were the off-duty police officers doing in a bar in their uniforms? That's against policy. Especially if they're working as security guards. I don't think Adrian Peterson has done anything wrong. Just because you're a police officer in one job doesn't give you the right to arrest people at your other job.

jimi

the race card is comming ..... wait for it....

King-Ruone

Ha look at the dumb ass people who are so quick to judge. We dont know all the facts yet..... why dont you wait before we know everything then spew your dumb views, until then shut it. Haters going to hate though.

ShrinkWrap

I live in Houston. HPD is very, very corrupt. Who knows..

obama'saracist

celebs and politicians all liars and constantly lying

DaveT

I've wanted to punch a few cops, didn't, they have that gun and stick and taser, so, you know, I decided to let them off easy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments