Randy Travis

Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

8/8/2012 8:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Randy Travis mug shot
Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway.  When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

update_bar
8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

0615_celebrity_mug_shots_footer

Bubbles The Chimp

'Seizure' defense?

Vern Levy

...whiskey for my men, beer for my horses...

Pamela

People say and do things when they are drunk and don't mean it. Saying he would shoot and kill the cops was the liquor talking. He evidently got drunk, ran his car into a tree and pulled his clothes off clearing away the blood. He should not be driving when drinking and if he has a problem address it and luckily he did not hit anyone.

xiam007

yee haw...good luck on this one

Grant MacDonald

My horse done got bit by a snake … & we got many a more mile to go!
What could I do but to bite out the poison – Sucking sucking sucking sucking sucking the poison from my horse’s leg …. We’ve riden many a mile with many a more mile to go …. Along on the trail a wild hombre did appear n unzipped his fly n implied …! Shucks Luke it’s been awhile since I’ve had another guy …! Along on the trail another wild hombre did appear n unzipped his fly …! Sucking sucking sucking sucking sucking n sucking …! I’m the sucking cowboy sucking n sucking sucking n sucking n sucking n sucking …!
My horse done got bit by a snake … & we got many a more mile to go! What could I do but to bite the poison out – Sucking sucking sucking sucking sucking the poison from my horse’s leg …
Along on the trail another wild hombre did appear n unzipped his fly … I’m the sucking cowboy sucking n sucking sucking n sucking n sucking n sucking …!
My snake bit horse has covered many a mile with many a more mile to go! Sucking n sucking n sucking n sucking … I’m the sucking cowboy … sucking n sucking n sucking n sucking …!
Shucks … along rides another wild hombre and wonders what the hell …?
I’m trying to save my snake-bit horse … we’ve travelled many a mile with many a more mile to go …!
He undoes his fly and I’m the sucking cowboy … sucking n sucking n sucking … deeper n deeper n deeper n deeper …
me and my horse have died! Me and my horse have died!
To my surprise … I’d been revived … seems an hombre done saved our lives!
All I could do is look deep into his eyes -- as this hombre’s lips done melted on mine!
How could two cowboys fall into each others’ arms and realize that love is so real … between two guys …!
I reckon so Luke … my love for you is no fluke -- Wild Hombre Ya Sure Are Fine!

Kevman701

When you stop to consider the godawful hayseed drawl that is the trademark of his intolerable "singing" (if you can call it that), it's hard to tell when he's NOT drunk!

Miss T

Driving a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am ?
This guy shound NOT be called a celebrity .

But_I'm_not_Wrong

WoW..... Randy get it together man....

Physhead

THIS IS KARMA for having stolen Peggy Hill's song!
Spapeggy and meat balls for everyone (and some Brown Betty for Brooks and Dunn!).

Grant MacDonald

Thank You ... Thank You ... Thank You!
I'm here all week!

Horsey

1998 Trans Am? He has hit rock bottom..

Grant MacDonald

Sucking Cowboy Dot Com ...

Ronnie Hartsoe

Maybe he should go back to washing dishes for his first wife/manager....he seemed to stay out of trouble, under her thumb!!

Roy_Munson

People still drive Tans Ams?

Larry

Texas is the last place you wanna play alcohol games. For the most part he has two unresolved issues to deal with. #1 Alcohol & just exactly 'who' he is. Dry out cowboy, I will pray for you