« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star Kenyon Martin

'Basketball Wives' is

'Toxic To Your Soul'

11/30/2012 6:11 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

113012_k_martin_launch
Unemployed NBA superstar Kenyon Martin is not a fan of "Basketball Wives" ... telling TMZ it not only depicts NBA players in a false light, but explains, "That sh*t is toxic to your soul."

Martin -- who played in the league from 2000 to 2012 -- was leaving the Roxbury nightclub in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about the VH1 reality show, which stars some of his colleagues ... and K-Mart didn't hold back.

"I don't watch that sh*t man ... that sh*t is toxic to your soul to watch that sh*t man."

He continued, "I've been married man ... that [show] doesn't depict anything that went on in my household ... f**k that show."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Terri

So....he did watch it!

Mrs. J

They need to change the title of this show. Since when did being an ex girlfriend or baby's momma equal wife status?

Celebrity Tampon

Yeah fool. Dat show be disrespectful to da black man, or in dis case, da yellow man. K-Mart nicka!

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

So... what "went on" in his household, then?

Anyway, if you really care about what nonsense goes on in the pathetic "life" (coughscriptedcoughcough) of some ball player's arm candy / trophy / sex toy / baby mama, you need to...

let's say it together...

GET A FCUKIN' LIFE!

Toallthehatersoftheworld

I agree no class at all it seems like they like a lot of drama I don't care for Kobe wife but aleast she not on tv acting a dam fool

Cinner

Its only toxic to those that let it be that way....I'm so freakin sure, like who doesn't know that's just a tv show and not real life??????? Get a clue dude...

nature30

thats real shiid

McSmack

K-Mart speaks the truth. These women are only "famous" because they spread their legs. I partially blame Kardashians for lowering the bar for "celebrity" to this level. Skanks.

chuck

SUPERSTARS are not unemployed........ only has beens......

Doug e. Doug

I'm a little ashamed of my new reality show. Tweet me or message me back, if I'm wrong. http://ow.ly/fSGJj

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2