Dr. Phil

The Cops Found My Stolen Car!!!!!

12/4/2012 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1204-Dr-Phil-stolen-car
Dr. Phil has been REUNITED with his stolen '57 Chevy ... TMZ has learned cops recovered the $100,000 ride after it was jacked from a repair shop earlier this year.

We broke the story ... some scumbag (or scumbags) smashed into an auto repair shop in Burbank back in August while Phil was having the transmission serviced ... and made off with the car.

Cops launched an investigation ... and this morning, law enforcement tracked down the car in Burbank at 7:25 AM ... INTACT ... with minimal damage.

We're told cops have arrested several suspects -- who they believe have been pulling the same stunt at vehicle repair shops all over town ... jacking multiple classic rides in the process.

Sources say ... at least 14 different classic cars have been recovered during the investigation.

We reached out to Phil who said, "I can’t say enough about the LA County Sheriff's Department and of the LAPD Trap West - particularly, Detective George Molina. Their tireless efforts and hard work resulted in the in-tact recovery of my car and the arrest of some prolific car thieves."

Phil added, "Many thought that my ’57 Chevy was just a memory, but I had faith in LA’s finest.  This is just one more in a really long line of reasons that I am and always have been a passionate and outspoken supporter of our men and women in law enforcement.  We don’t thank them enough. I’ll hug a cop every chance I get this month!"

NoName

I am happy they have thier cars back but I effing hate Dr Phil, and hug a cop? Seriously LOL.

Ant

"law enforcement tracked down the car in Burbank",
yeah it was in Jay Leno's garage! I always knew there was something fishy about all those cars he had!

mytwosweetpeas

I seriously find some of these comments disturbing. The hatred of the rich and successful is so rampant...like they don't deserve to be helped by agencies that are paid for with tax dollars. Most likely their tax dollars. If you're rich you deserve to get robbed...ok.

fonzie

Oh F this. They should have sold the damn thing. Cops having to search for Dr. Bald Phil's fancy car. He is a quack. The cops have more important things to do like solve real crimes.

Parker

fake azzfool...not even a real doctor...go find oprah and stick your bald head up her fat azz

charlee

Well Phil give me one of ur others. Need one to get to work. Raising 3 grand kids

Fallopia Lopez

Kudos to the police and sheriff, but it's too bad it was that a-hole's car they found.

seaside

Good news for a change. Happy for him and all the other classic car owners who get their cars back! All you stupid people saying he is a phony or whatever - he doesn't deserve to have his things stolen any more than you do.

kitnplayn

I guess the cops work a little harder when they have a big name celebrity. Really, does Dr. Phil need all these fancy retro cars, when American babies need medicines.

steve

No body cares about lame dr phil

MacMoon

T

NOT ELMO

i like NEW cars...

J4X

Meanwhile, who cares?!

El Gato

Would LAPD have found the car if it were average Joe's '75 Chevy?

Thatgirllaura

Um yeah they would have, they found like 14 other people's cars, and since they aren't in the news I'm guessing that would be 14 average joe's cars. And you all are what's wrong w the country, I can't stand this man, but that doesn't mean he should be robbed nor should a criminal have a 100k car. Just bc u don't like him and he's rich u wish bad upon him, just remember karma is a bitch.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments