« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jovan Belcher's Coach

Pled with NFL Player

'You're Taking the Easy Way Out'

12/18/2012 9:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_romeo_jovan
Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel begged Jovan Belcher to put down his handgun and not kill himself during a tense standoff on December 1st ... telling the player, "You're taking the easy way out."

The Kansas City PD just released new documents from the murder/suicide investigation ... in which witnesses describe the sad moments before the NFL linebacker shot himself in the head.

Belcher had driven to the Chiefs practice facility after shooting the mother of his child Kasandra Perkins at their home ... and, while carrying a handgun, had a conversation with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli in the parking lot.

According to witnesses, Belcher told Pioli ... "I'm sorry Scott, I've done a bad thing to my girlfriend already. I want to talk with Gibbs and Romeo."

He continued, "You know that I've been having some major problems at home and with my girlfriend. I need help! I wasn't able to get enough help. I appreciate everything you all have done for me with trying to help ... but it wasn't enough. I have hurt my girl already and I can't go back now."

According to witnesses, Crennel arrived to the parking lot and pled with Belcher to put the gun down ... saying, "You're taking the easy way out."

Crennel told cops Jovan briefly lowered the gun to chamber a round, then he blessed himself by making a cross sign on his chest ... and then he fired one shot into his head, killing himself.

During the investigation, witnesses -- including Crennel -- told police that Belcher and his girlfriend had been arguing about money.

In the report, cops say, "[Crennel] stated that he got the impression that Ms. Perkins wanted to live a better life and expected to live a better life because she was with an NFL player."

Crennel also told cops Jovan was "smart with his money and didn't live outside his means."

Then again, he was driving a Bentley on the day of the murder.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mumra the Ever Living

I wonder how much the woman he murdered plead before he put all those rounds in her back. Maybe it's hard to beg for your life when your running away and someone is shooting you in the back.

w h i t e y

women are the root to every problem

Tim

The whole situation is a tragedy. It's unfortunate that he felt this was the only option and didn't see proper help. More tragic is that there is a beautiful little girl who will grow up without a mommy or daddy.

Apparently she was threatening him with "taking all his money and child" if he left her. Granted, he drove a nice car. I'm sure she did also. But the house they lived in was well within their means. A rather modest house for a man pulling in 2mil this season. It's also unfortunate that she felt a sense of "entitlement" since she landed herself a pro athlete. This relationship should have been allowed to end the proper way...with a breakup, not in a murder suicide.

lovehandles

suicide for the weak. Life is for strong

evaporatedthefur

"Basketball wives" take heed!!

John Pereless

John Pereless thinks this is a waste

jeff

The pain and torture of being a Chief was too much. They haven't won a f ck ng playoff game since Joe Montana(greatest of all-time)was the quarterback.(94' or 95')I'm glad I left that loser organization after Priest Holmes had to retire. The Chiefs ARE CURSED! Sincerly(ex Chief fan)

lovehandles

The worst thing women can do during a argument is call you names and say you ain't ****. We as men know we can physically hurt a women. The trick is to walk away and keep your cool. Abuse is for the weak minded.

dd

Guess What, some people can afford Bentleys...you probably can too Harvey!

anony

His problems started when he knocked up a girl he hardly knew.
NFL players should get a vasectomy.
It would save them MULTIPLE problems.

lovehandles

I jerk off before an Argument with my girl. That way the true comes out. I won't be temped to try to **** her while she talking. Sorry I have high sex drive....lol

ohboy

Well there you go, turns out this girl thought his money was HER money. Not something I would ever do, but these gold digging bitches all need a good smack in the mouth......at the very least.

Richard

Hey dumbasses; PLED is the past tense of plead. The coach PLED with the murderer you're giving too much coverage to.

dierdre

So this DIRT BAG IS DEAD...WHY ARE YOU STILL WRITING ABOUT A PIECE OF ****...I HOPE HE'S ROTTING IN HELL WHERE HE BELONGS> I'M SURE HE"S WITH THAT OTHER FREAK OF NATURE THAT KILLED ALL THOSE INNOCENT CHILDREN IN NEWTOWN< CT>.........

Gretel

I saw pictures of his home and it wasn't the mega bucks mansion most of them live in so maybe he did live within his means. Maybe the Bentley was a lease? Other than that, what a shame all the way around. That poor little baby being an orphan. He was screwing around but couldn't even handle his baby mama having a good time. Shame on him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments