Richard Simmons

RUN OVER

By Wheel of Misfortune

12/28/2012 10:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122812_simmons_launch_v4

Richard Simmons
got flat-footed by a driver who, well, let's just say propagated an age-old stereotype.

Richard was outside his Hollywood Hills home Thursday -- chatting with passengers from a tour bus -- when a passing motorist squarely ran over his foot.

The driver -- ok, we'll say it -- an Asian man -- stops his car, walks over to the pained weight loss guru, and apologizes.

Check out what Richard does when the driver leaves.  Hilarious.

update_bar
11:45 AM PT -- Apparently it was more serious than we thought. Richard's rep tells TMZ, the home fitness icon is currently at the hospital getting his injuries checked out. But the rep adds, "He will be fine."

Serious Jelly

This is Serious Jelly... another episode of racist TMZ!

Tmzrocks2181

I can never watch most of theses videos! :( the funny ones anyway lol

cindy

At first, I thought that was George Takei that rolled over Richard's foot.

tleeg

Richard Simmons is a cool cat. Hes alittle fruity but hw geniunely cares about people and seems like a really down to earth, nice guy.

kimkardashianstalkingass

The guy that ran over Simmon's foot then called his wife and told her he ran over some woman's foot but he thinks she will be ok.

Keepin' it Real

Always the showman! lol

frankie805

I wouldnt say the Asian driver ran over his foot. I would say Richard Simmons was doing some weird Matrix move and he bumped into the car....lol

ilovegossip

Based on the video, I'd say that Richard was more at fault. The guy was driving slowly behind him, and Richard backs up into the car (it's the back tire that hits his heel).

But Richard really is a good guy. He's taking the time talking to the tour bus, and then poses for pictures with them. That's a class act...

Nonsense

The dude is odd but cool at the same time. Sure beats the fake, self absorbed types.

SensibleSense

I remember I ran into him at an airport about 5 years ago, I think it was in DC. He was wearing his little boy gym shorts and some super gay glitzy tank top. He was hanging out in the passenger area. It was just over the top, he was ready for a disco ball. I pretended I did not recognize who he was. He looked very old, wrinkled, and just slightly ridiculous. Someone did recognize him and talked to him, and the minute that person spoke to Richard, he became agitated and seemed 20 years younger. I think he is a sweet person, he did not try to cruise anyone by a public bathroom unlike some infamous DC senators. He was just being himself, an artifact of television history.

lovehandles

I'm not saying this every Asian. But do you notice how they apologize to you and blame you at the same time. Like so sorry but why yo foot in middle of road not my fualt you go now.

BB not bb

How is he going to do all of his aerobics now? The Chinese guy just smiled and drove off and the people standing there just laughed. That is pretty sick. That is how Mama June got a forklift foot. Richard could be limping for life now.

He is so nice I think tht he is too nice. I bet that hurt like hell. He is probably swalling alot of pain with his always sunny personality. Maybe that is what caused his weight problem also.

I think those people should have been more concerned and the Chinese guy should have driven him to the hospital or offered to pay.

karen

he seems like a really nice person, i hope his foot gets better

Me Too

So...Richard is kibitzing in the street/roadway, steps BACK without looking, and gets his FOOT run over?? Ummm, unless Richard has toes on the end of the heel of his foot, I don't think so. Nice of the dope in the background to try and stir up a "nothing" situation, though.

BOHOE