'CSI: NY' Star

Carmine Giovinazzo

Nicest DUI Arrest Ever

1/30/2013 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Carmine Giovinazzo mug shot

Carmine Giovinazzo -- who plays Detective Danny Messer on "CSI: NY" -- was busted for DUI in Scottsdale, AZ last week ... and cops say he couldn't have been a nicer guy during the arrest.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, cops located 39-year-old Carmine swerving all over all the road around 2:40 AM on Monday January 21.

When cops approached the vehicle, Carmine was reportedly "immediately apologetic and told [officers] he had been driving erratic because he was lost and using the GPS."

According to the report, Carmine -- who had two passengers in the white Jeep Wrangler he was driving -- explained he was not from AZ.

Cops say Carmine stank of booze, had bloodshot eyes and was slurring his speech. When asked if he had been drinking, cops say the actor fessed up to having scotch at the W Hotel.

Carmine was eventually arrested for DUI. The arresting officer says Carmine "repeatedly apologized to me and told me he didn't want to be an 'a**hole.'"

The cop added, "[Carmine] thanked me many times for not treating him like a criminal and showing him respect."

Cops say Carmine's blood alcohol level registered at .149 -- almost twice the legal limit in AZ.

We reached out to Carmine for comment -- so far, no word back.

1116_celebrity_mug_shots_footer

tver

It's nice to see for once that someone although boozed up behaved properly...

Mikey

And he didn't even sh!t his pants.

Mayu

Good for him for just accepting the consequences and being respectful... now if he'd learn the lesson that drinking and driving is dangerous and not just for him.

Serious Jelly

Wow... :) "This is... Serious Jelly!"

bernergirl

BAC? Or when he blew it was .149?

21stcent

The new status thing Get a DUI photo?

HelenaSmithe22

Miles. although Anthony`s posting is impressive, yesterday I got a great new Cadillac since I been earnin $5022 thiss month and-even more than, 10/k last-munth. without a doubt its the best-job I've had. I began this 4 months ago and practically straight away made myself more than $80, per-hr. I went to this site,, Fox76.com

Smoothie33

What's up with all of these B actors getting arrested in Scottsdale? I

James R. - Los Angeles

Fine, court costs, suspended license, alcohol classes. Same old sh*t.

Straight Talkin Texan

It amazes me that his passengers were ok with him driving. Stupid. Then again, maybe they weren't sober either.

LISA

OK, he's a nice drunk - so am I, but I don't drive drunk! Why are so many celebs doing this? Surely they can afford a driver or a cab?

amazinglybored

It's great that he was nice, but you'd think this nice guy would be a good enough person to not drive drunk. I think an NCIS actor is next for the TV DUI group.

joe

Honest and respectful nice,poor lack of judgement.

PT

Just don't take a dump in their car like what's his name did.

Phishie from Philly

Ahhhhhhh! Now pay a $1,000.00 fine, 4 yrs probation, 250 hrs of community service and never play a cop on TV again.
Phishie from Philly