« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

SF 49ers Player Chris Culliver

I'm a Hateful Bastard

... But Only In My Head

1/31/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0131_chris_culliver_article
San Francisco 49ers player Chris Culliver says HE's not really a homophobe ... but the voices inside his head sure are.

Culliver has released a nonsensical, insincere statement to save his ass after saying gay players are not welcome in his team's locker room and should stay in the closet until 10 years after they retire.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," Culliver said.

"It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

So the following questions are raised:
1) Is Chris' head disembodied from the rest of him?
2) Will he say or do anything to play in the Super Bowl no matter how detestable he is?
3) Doth he protest too much?

0920_gay_pride_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jim

Its was a commit that should have never been said, even with the love for gays in the media. You know if you step out to the media in to the real world ...... gay is not so beloved as the media would brain wash us to believe.

Nobrows

If there was a parade for heterosexuals there would be a huge outcry of discrimination. Enough already. You're gay. Great. Isn't the point that you want to be treated the same as everyone else. Fine, go live your life. You don't need to parade around in various stages of dress or undress to prove that you're gay.

Peter Popoff

TMz is Gay

nuintown

They left out the last line of his statement: "I am far, far, far from being homophobic."

Handyman

Yeah right, like he be rite his sory note on his own !! An astute linguist he is NOT.
People who spew "gay hate" the most might want to check THEIR OWN CLOSET.
Goes for you too MIKEY..... (hater below)

Handyman

People who spew "gay hate" the most might want to check THEIR OWN CLOSET.
Goes for you too MIKEY and the rest of the haters below.

Pet peeves

Man up and call a *** a ***. I am so sick and tired of this PC crap. As Carlos Manciena said "If you can take dick, you can take a joke!"

Dam

Baltimore also has a player who is against gays. His name is Matt Birk. People all of the sudden rooting for Baltimore are stupid considering both teams have idiots. The 49ers are the first NFL team to put out a "It gets better" video aimed at bullying and gay hate. So, good luck with that. The opinion of one guy does not reflect an entire team.

Lee

Chris should not play any football. What a sorry excuse for a role model and for a man.

NYCBlackMan

WHAT i dont understand is how repressed and discriminated peoples can discriminate against others???? Is it a symptom of being uneducated?

Dino

Someone who procrastinate way too much about the sexuality of other individuals and what they do with their lives, it's probably someone in denial !

Parker

He wants to play in Sundays game...I am a Niner fan and know that the Team works with the Gay Community..They are in San Francisco for gods sake...Gay Capital of the World....and the Team does have a great relationship with them...so this fools remarks does not reflect the Franchises work done in that community!

anony

He'll be cut or traded in the off-season.

od255

is he wearing a PINK headband, its obvious that he's hiding something.

WhoCares

HOMOSEXUALITY is WRONG. He spoke the truth. So what. Stand by it!!!!