Sean Paul & Inner Circle

Big Up VW!!

White Jamaican Guy is Funny, NOT Racist

1/31/2013 12:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0130-sean-paul-inner-circle-VW-getty
Reggae superstar Sean Paul -- a native Jamaican -- is 100% cool with Volkswagen copping his homeland's accent for its new Super Bowl ad because it's funny as hell ... and not the least bit offensive.

Current Grammy nominee Sean tells TMZ he doesn't understand why VW's catching heat for the spot -- featuring a white guy speaking in a Jamaican accent -- because it's "just entertainment."

SP added it's in good taste, and "to me it's no different than the Italian accents in 'The Sopranos' or the English accent in Guy Ritchie's movies."

VDub also got an irie review from Inner Circle -- aka the "Cops" theme guys -- who told us "duplication is the highest form of flattery, and our culture is a happy culture with good vibes."

Proving that point, they said ... "We say to VW: ONE, ONE, ONE LOVE. Anyone who say dat racist better ask themselves...whatchu gonna do when we come for you?"

In other words ... "Chill, Winston!"

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

johnnydanger

Lame.

Ashleigh.xo

Well i'm Jamaican born

AliiG

Oh of course, because one person is cool about it they all should be cool about it right?

africanguy

How is this ad racist TMz?. You do know there are white Jamaicans right?. I know the guy in the ad is not Jamaican. But it is stupid to even suggest that the ad is racist because it's a white guy with a Jamaican accent. It's not just black Jamaicans that have the Jamaican accent. There are also Indian Jamaicans, Chinese Jamaicans. Sean Paul is stupid to not even know that about his Country.

Steve

Ever heard of a cricket commentator called Tony Crozier? Born in Barbados, white as snow look him uo then STFU

Cartman

Funny, mon.

judy jetson

Exclusive!!!!

LK

I'M WHITE & I SOMETIMES I LIKE JAMAICAN CESS NOT SURE IF I'VE HAD LAMBSBREAD THOU. SO AM I THE RACIST OR IS THE WEED RACIST ??? LOL !!!

Bird

I like the commercial. It's funny.

stephanie

I agree with AFRICANGUY.
I don't know how racist come to mind. I don't know what's the fuzz about but I think the CM is entertaining. Done in good taste. It's funny, and leaves you smiling every time you remember it.

anony

People who think the commercial is racist are morons.
And none of them are Jamaican.

Danielle123

Lol. This commercial is not racist. We have actors doing fake accents all the time. Not everything is racist, guys.

nchandigarhj

This is because caribbean people is open minded, we grow up in unity, most americans not all think out of a box, they make race out of every thing the country is united not the people.

Genjerleigh