Whitney Houston

Bro and Sister-in-Law

We're Down with Clive's Party

2/10/2013 8:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

021013_pat_gary_houston_640

Whitney Houston's brother and sister-in-law arrived in Los Angeles yesterday to attend Clive Davis' big pre-Grammy bash ... a bash Whitney's mom called "obscene."

Whitney's mother Cissy slammed Davis' invite, saying, "I got an invitation to the party, which is the most obscene thing. I don't know why they would want me to come to the party in which she died, you know? I guess maybe he just sent me a copy for remembrance sake."

Whitney's brother Gary -- along with his wife Pat (who was also Houston's manager) -- begged to differ and flew into LAX Saturday, telling us they were going to "support Clive."

Houston was found dead in her hotel room this time last year, just hours before Davis' annual party just floors below.

SpenkFooozenktink

I bet that was a cool party to be at!
www.GlobalAnon.da.bz

Mary P

Yes, because Clive filled the tub. It's not obscene - it's not like Whitney died because of the party, she died doing what she did for decades. Head to the party bro, it's not "obscene" to ask the family to share in the "tragic" anniversary.

dena2cents

Whitney was sacrificed at clives party. Get it right.

Christy

Of course Pat went...she's a fame ho! And by the way Pat...your not Whitney.

tenley

Hasn't he been holding the pre-Grammys gala for decades? I mean the party itself is an institution, and Whitney is being honored at it.

Truth is

I do not trust pat Houston....am sure she's the wood life in that family...smh...Clive Davis is a cult leader

Michelle

Cissy Houston, your daughter has been honored over and over ever since SHE TOOK HER OWN LIFE!!! The "remembrance ceremony" Clive Davis quickly organized the day of the Grammys was beautiful and fortunately the public wasn't yet aware of her toxicology results. I'm glad I didn't cry. She ruined herself and her career. No one forced her to use cocaine, Xanax , alcohol, and several other drugs the evening she died! Whitney has been a druggie for years and it's no one's fault but her own! Now you are pimping yourself out doing the talk show circuit to make a quick buck. How would your daughter feel about you airing her dirty laundry? See Cissy, you cannot have it both ways...you cannot bash your daughter then play the "poor me, I lost my daughter" card anymore. Sit down and STFU!!!

dd

This woman is such a user.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Is Quiff Brown and Rihanna "the dog faced woman" going?

Stiletto

But...did they clean the poop out of the tub yet?

tessa

I am truly sympathetic to those who loved and cherished Whitney.

But. In the end she was just another drug addict who died. Stop with the honors. She threw away her family, talent and beauty with drugs. There is no honor.

LISA

I'm actually impressed with the tactful approach by the TMZ camera guy.

I think they are all right, because everyone deals with death differently. I wouldn't take her mom's words to heart - when my dad died, the sympathy cards that arrived late upset me (but I kept it to myself). For her mom, maybe it's a painful reminder? For her brother and sister-in-law, perhaps it's a celebration of her life?

Tom Liebengood

Cissie needs to get over herself. Whitney was no saint. The show downstairs did not kill her. Her preparation for the party did (her choice). The show must go on.

Valentina1

These two whores think that if they attend Clive Davis will cut a check if they are ever in need. Yeah.....don't think so.

Gretel

Can we just get on with it? Whitney was a spectacular talent before she was totally trashed. She was a druggie of monumental proportion whose death of a drug overdose was interrupted by her drowning first. What the fvck is there to celebrate about some junkie dying?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments