John Clark Gable

I Wasn't Drunk, But I Did

Black Out Before DUI Bust

4/3/2013 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0403-john-clark-gable-getty

The son of Hollywood legend Clark Gable claims he was not drinking alcohol before the multi-car wreck that led to his DUI arrest -- but does admit he went unconscious ... and says he has a history of brain aneurysms.

TMZ broke the story ... John Clark Gable was busted Tuesday in Malibu after allegedly smashing into 6 parked cars on Pacific Coast Highway.

Gable tells us he lost consciousness ... and says the last thing he remembers is getting cut off by a van, and when he woke up he had hit a phone pole.

Gable claims he "absolutely was not drinking" ... and says the only medication he's currently taking is for a minor leg injury from mountain biking.

However, Gable says he had 2 small brain aneurysms --weak bulging spots on the wall of an artery -- back in 2006 and another in 2009.

Brain aneurysms can be fatal, but Gable says he had corrective surgery both times.

Gable says he's going to a doctor to get his head checked out ASAP -- but stresses he doesn't know yet if an aneurysm was behind yesterday's accident.

Gable's blood alcohol level was tested after the crash -- but the results have not been released.

ABB

Teah, yeah Indiana Jones IV tell that to the judge.

J.E.B.

"You can't arrest me! I'm John Gable, son of CLARK GABLE"! Frankly, John,...we don't give a damn.

chuck

why is this a story??? who is he besides Clark's son....................

ray saur

frankly,we dont give a damn

shadowlady

Some facts: I had a brain aneurysm about 10 years ago. It was leaking into my head, but I did not black out. Some people do and some don't. Once the aneurysm is clipped, no more problem. You can have them and not know it. You don't take any meds for them so you don't have to give up driving. This may be the perfect example of a true "accident."

JC

Clark Gabel's son? Who is Clark Gabel? Oh, you mean the Gone With the Wind Guy, which was filmed in 1939? And no one knows really if Clark Gabel WAS HIS ACTUAL FATHER? Oh, okay, we really care.

diane

I hope you are madly in love with your wife. Because you are the most handsome man I have seen. ok Evis was handsame also. you can come over to my house anytime.

GOV SUX

ISN'T LORETTA YOUNG HIS MOTHER?

Hannah

He looks nothing like his old man but his late half -sister ( Judy Lewis ) sure did.I wonder if they ever met?

IceTaco

Seriously...I am never driving on the PCH again.

Throwback kid

I would like to see a bromance with John Clark Gable and Kevin Costner, they would be single bachelors who are dating every girl in town and one day they find a baby on their doorstep and the hijinks begin! Macaulay Culkin shows up and claims the baby is his, it would be 3 Men and a baby meets Home Alone, this would be the smash hit of 2014

E

a) Bull, and b) if he's really prone to just passing out at random times, he shouldn't be driving

Physical Graffiti

He needs his license yanked if that's the case. Is the DMV gonna wait til he kills someone?

Roman Moroni

Honestly how could anyone say what he just said when they knew they were dooeeyy - when the BAC comes back it won't matter if you'd been stepped on by a dinosaur

Mrugowsky

Nobody under 40 even knows who Clark Gable is.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments