« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Magic's Support of Gay Son

IS AWESOME!

4/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0402-kobe-bryan-ej-magic-johnson-tmz
Kobe Bryant is awestruck by a former Lakers star who rivals him -- Magic Johnson ... telling TMZ Magic's support of his gay son is a lesson everyone, including pro athletes, should learn.

TMZ broke the story ... Magic and Cookie are 100% behind their son, EJ, who is openly gay.  Kobe tells us ... "Of course Magic is supportive of and loves his son.  Why should anyone be surprised?"

Kobe says, "What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

The strong implication -- tolerance is not just limited to parents and their kids, but to pro athletes whose teammates may soon come out of the closet.

In case you aren't reading between the lines -- given Kobe's stature, his statement could have a huge impact on athletes coming out.

0402_earvin_johnson_III_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rocko

Nothing wrong with being rich and proud. Hope he makes something of himself. Do something with his life .... then parade around. Life is short.

Beach

The Father could learn something from the Son. It was widely rumored that Magic was gay, or at least Bi during his playing days.

AyeJay

I don't mind gay people, but feminine gay dudes annoy the fck out of me. You can like the D, and not need to act like a woman.

moxie

Leviticus 20

DKKelly

Like Father, like son!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ELMO

Get a Sex Change, So You can be a Happy PowerBottom Girl !....

diane

My goodness he is carrying a purse

Throwback kid

I wonder what the mental state of this young man is? I see someone who is mentally unstable and may harm himself one day. His need for attention is so great that he is way over the top with the acting out. The fur coats, hand bag, painted fingernails etc. This is all so he can get as much attention as possible, the question is why does a young man need this attention so badly? Was Magic not there for him as a child, did he feel he couldn't measure up to a father like Magic? There is something very self destructive about this guy's personality and whole over the top style of dressing. I see major trouble for him in the future

msdawndawn

What the hell else is Kobe going to say. You get crucified if you have an opinion counter to it......I am just saying.

Regardless of what I said above, I for one think love is hard enough to find. Wherever you can find love & love finds you, It is always good thing.

Doc

I'm sorry but if I found our my son was taking it up the butt I'd urge him to get some help

RobN

Don't care if he's gay or not, but he's a freaking mess.

Denni

Magic is supporting his son! Magic is no doubt financing this young man's outlandish wardrobe. I looked at the pictures and found one to be very disrespectful to the human race. He has his tongue between two fingers shaped like a vee. Make up your mind EJ. I could care less about homosexuality but I do mind the flamboyancy and dressing like a freaking clown. This young man is too young to be overweight. That is unhealthy!

Darknstoned

He should be strapped to a rocket and shot at the sun, its a fvcking reject looking like that

jabberjaws

kobe called a ref a f*g some months ago. so who cares what he has to say.

wrestlemom