« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Magic's Support of Gay Son

IS AWESOME!

4/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0402-kobe-bryan-ej-magic-johnson-tmz
Kobe Bryant is awestruck by a former Lakers star who rivals him -- Magic Johnson ... telling TMZ Magic's support of his gay son is a lesson everyone, including pro athletes, should learn.

TMZ broke the story ... Magic and Cookie are 100% behind their son, EJ, who is openly gay.  Kobe tells us ... "Of course Magic is supportive of and loves his son.  Why should anyone be surprised?"

Kobe says, "What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

The strong implication -- tolerance is not just limited to parents and their kids, but to pro athletes whose teammates may soon come out of the closet.

In case you aren't reading between the lines -- given Kobe's stature, his statement could have a huge impact on athletes coming out.

0402_earvin_johnson_III_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

IwuvTMZ

Here comes the parade.

NOT ELMO

Kobe Bryant
Magic's Support of HomoSexual Son
IS AWESOME !..................................I AGREE !

Josh2013

That is one fugly ***

Jackie

I'm happy for EJ that his parents accept him for who is is and etc.... HOWEVER this guy dresses like a 75 year old woman from the 80's. He needs a makeover.

NOT ELMO

Now i know who Frank Ocean will Date next year....

Jordan

Kobe Statement is Huge, but if the Laker Brought in a very openly Gay Player into the locker room to play with Kobe, How would Kobe really feel?

Celeb Gossip Addict

Did Magic's son agree to be your gay pride poster boy? If not, your using him as such is horrible. Leave this boy alone.

dezzidrizzy

Since when did.we as human beings fall that far of the cliff.. let's be honest KOBE IS LYING and homosexuality is just like any other sin. It's time for you all to stop pretending.. I know what you all gonna y say a I'm.closed minded and a bible nut but I don't care this is exactly why I our society is so messed up

Az Heat

Gay people like this are extremely annoying! If this was my son I would go into the closet he just came out of and shoot myself!

NOT ELMO

Fallon Fox and EJ Forever ! :-)

NOT ELMO

The LGBT Should Be ReNamed Just HBT, Meaning HomoSexual, BiSexual, TransGenders...

Truth

Magic's son was off the public radar until TMZ ran amuck with this story and continues to milk it. Nice.

Chaps

So who freaking cares?

BTW he looks like a clown just sayin'.

VOUDOU

You can burn me with those disgusting images of Fat Albert after a gastric bypass and a sex change. I adblock the images so I only get briefly exposed once. Puked in my mouth a little bit.

ababyvoice

A parents love should be unconditional. It's so nice to see his parents support him. Kobe isn't judging because it is not meant for man to judge where God judges. Also if you claim to be Christian and are to live Christ like the bible teaches that Jesus didn't judge and he mad friends with all types of people.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments