Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Ginger

Lesson learned get a driver

CyndiChainsaW

Do we get mug shots? I wanna see!

catlanta

Reese, I am so disappointed in you! You and your film crew were in the back lot of my office last week - who the hell do you think you are?? Get real and don't endanger others by driving wasted.

NOT ELMO

Now Reese Witherspoon will have to put That ARREST Information on Her Wikipedia................Bad Move Sweetie !

Mike

How embarrassing for Reese and Jim Toth. I bet today is not going to be a "Perfect Day" for Reese ....

blakhoode

I've always liked Reese Witherspoon, but acting like that and playing up that she's a celebrity makes me think a lot less of her. She had a such a squeaky clean, MOM kinda image, too.. such a shame for her to throw it away like that. On top of that, why was she even in a car being driven by a drunk driver? No common sense.

janise grubber

Throught the bitch in jail, these a'holes that think they are sooooo much better than the rest of us

"You're about to find out who I am".

hahaha, Walk the Line was the last good movie she was ever in and how many years ago was that? Joaquin was the star of that movie, not her.

NOT ELMO

Since when Winning an OSCAR means You can Drive Drunk.................Get with the Program Honey...

Katie

Please increase the font in your articles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goosemon2013

She's a douche...

wecomefromacell

Was she trying to intimidate the officer into not arresting her husband by saying to him you are going to make the national news? = guess she didn't know what she said was going to make national news. Plus why would he even know who you are riding in a ford fusion?

Rose

No, no, no...It's guess who I was. I played a dumb blond in the movies. Now I get to play one in real life...

Kristee

Self important biatch thinks because she is rich and famous laws don't apply to her. Good job to the cops for not bowing down to her

tanvee

who the hell cares who you are, if you are drinking and driving or mouthing off and not listening to a cops orders you will be arrested. What a couple of losers. These are grown adults with children. Sad example they are showing them and you know this is just a tip of the iceberg.