Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Susan

This would never have happened if she was still with Jake G. Her jerk husband could have killed someone. What kind of role model is she for her kids at this point?! Reese you owe more than an apology to them that's for sure. And I hope hubby gets hit hard.

smile

Looking for good products then copy and paste this link >> www.popularproducts4u.123website.nl

Jelly

Whatever..have you people ever made a mistake? Yes it was irresponsible of her to have let her husband drive drunk..yes..she herself had a few..she's apologised. Let it go. Celebrities are caught driving drunk all the time..why so harsh with Reese? Admitting she did something wrong and saying sorry is enough in my book. Someone I loved dearly was killed in an accident involving alcohol..another was left paralysed and lived some 15 years before passing away. I'm not oblivious to the harm and pain an accident like this can cause. People who text and drive can do just as much harm..how many of you do that?

anthony

The police do like to escalate, instigate, and intimidate during a situation. It's best not to say anything when you're stopped.

truthteller

Oh my god just look at her face . She looks like shes holding da baby jesus.lol!!!!!

Doctor Doo Little

It really doesn't mattered who you are, if you broke the law, you have to answer to. Just that simple.

luckycat

Reese we know your name it's
ms. MUD

MzEm

Shame that she really believed her own remarks and that she would get away with it... I'm sure some celebrities do. Liquor makes ppl do and say crazy stuff. With that said, don't drink & drive ppl... You can say stupid stuff, just don't do it behind the wheel.

TPF

I don't believe it's who you know, but what you've done. These celebs are ignorant when all they have to do is get a driver,taxi, it's not like they can't afford one. Only in L. A. are you treated like a princess Reese, and everywhere is you are just like the rest of the idiots that drive or ride with someone that has been drinking. Not too smart to even be in the car with him. Just admit you guilt and move on. Linsay has the market on the dumbest alcoholic, drug head, tramp business.

Mary G

She made a mistake...marrying this dude, lol.

Joe

Why did she have to apologize?.....She doesn't answer to any of us...........So sick of these celebs that have to apologize to the public.......No one has to apologize for any personal business.

LOL!

"Breaking news " TMZ has just learned that Reese was heavy into hip hop! In fact, she was listening to eminem at the time of the arrest!

vadce

I wonder is this standing practice for the Toths? They go out and get drunk and then drive home. If so, then the "good mom" image she projects seriously needs to be looked at with a HUGE what the F????

In my opinion this is definitely a case of "we're better than everyone else and the rules don't apply to us!"

You make enough money Reese, pick up the phone and get your assistant to drive THE TWO DRUNKS home and hope that Ryan Felippe doesn't use this as a reason to take your kids away from you.

This totally shows bad judgment all the way around on Reese's part. What if they had an caused an accident and someone got hurt, would her " Do you know my name?" kept her out of the courts because she comes off as a "nice" celebrity?

Give me a break, I'm tired of celebrity's showing the common sense of an amoeba!!!

You have the money, call a cab, call a limo, just call someone else if BOTH of you can't hold your liquor and get yourselves safely home.

I wonder if Reese would have shown the same lack of judgment in getting in a car with a drunk behind the wheel if her kids were in the car. If not, then why put other people's lives at risk?

DahhTroll

wow reese you can have too many drinks and not act like a crazy bitch.
wheres your new baby was he in the car too.
your loser husband could have killed people and all you care about is your image.
you look like shiyt with your hair brown .
Your as ugly on the inside as you are on the out side.

DahhTroll

Drunk Bitch!

she trys to do damge control for herself but she miss the point

her husband coul dhave killed a whole family while driving drunk

Previous 15 Comments | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments