Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75

Sophia Fox

Could not have put this better myself. Alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 31% of the total vehicle traffic fatalities in 2011.

bellagrazi

Oh, Reese. Haha "Frightened" for your husband? Really? These police officers are in harm's way every day. It's people like you and your husband who make their job 100 times more difficult. You should not only be embarrassed, but ashamed. And this is one of the many reasons why I hate Hollywood. Makes you feel far more important than you really are.

Alan

COPS are pricks.... The losers from high school , now with a badge... The police officer could have handled the situation in a manner it would have never made it to this website, but unfortunately they are all douche bags. Reese and hubby, good luck... I am sorry, but like a lot of us.... you just got f"d....

Jen

Many of us will never even get a one day taste of the lifestyle people like Reese can easily afford for the rest of their lives, and no, money isn't everything, but it sure as hell means you can get a cab if you've been drinking. Hell, a limo.

It is just pathetic. These people pity themselves so much for what really isn't injustice at all and they think they can defend being idiots out loud about it? Please. I'd love to see you just as concerned about the people out there who are ACTUALLY frightened. Like child prostitutes in Thailand.

once a fan

Anyone loud talking spends the night in the box. Anyone not following instructions, spends the night in the box. Anyone don't know who Reese what's her name is, spends the night in the box.

KP

who in the cop car is recording this... a cop? glad that they are so worried about the drunk driving incident and not about making money from this.

Hellokitty

Come on people she was drunk ....obviously she was going to say crazy things,shes human too.

Previous 15 Comments | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75