Reese Witherspoon

ARRESTED

'You're About to Find Out Who I Am!'

4/22/2013 7:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 4/22/2013 6:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Reese Witherspoon Mugshot
update_bar

6:33 AM PT --
Reese and Jim won't be in court today ... they had their cases continued until hearings set in Atlanta for May 22 and May 23, respectively.

9:40 PM PT
-- Reese has just released a statement, saying,

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
 pulled her celebrity card out while her husband was getting arrested for DUI, telling the officer who ended up busting her, "You're about to find out who I am."

The arrests went down in Atlanta early Friday morning. Cops say they spotted Reese and her husband Jim Toth's car -- a silver Ford Fusion -- weaving in and out of lanes, so they pulled them over.

As officers dealt with Jim, Reese allegedly started acting up, telling cops, "Do you know my name?" The officer answered by saying, "No, I don't need to know your name."

Witherspoon then came back with, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news."

During Jim's arrest, Reese allegedly became ornery, demonstrating visual and verbal frustration over how long it was taking to arrest her husband. At one point, she got out of her car and the officer ordered her back inside. When she got out a second time, he arrested her for disorderly conduct, a municipal ordinance.

They were both taken to jail, booked, and released a short time later.

As for Toth's part of the arrest ... the officer in the report described him by saying his "eye lids were droopy" and his eyes were "blood shot and watery." The officer said he smelled a "strong odor" of alcohol coming from Toth.

The officer stated that Toth told him he only had one drink, but -- as first reported by Variety -- when given a Breathalyzer test, Toth's blood alcohol level was .139.

In Reese's defense maybe she played the celeb card because she had as much to drink as her hubby. Just sayin' ...

0422_reese_witherspoon_jim_toth_footer

steph

Noooo....Reeese..come on :( You have 3 kids get it together girl.

luckycat

Another leopard showing it's stripes.
Reese you make lousy movies you don't save lives.
A mother with kids should much more responsible.
If a drunk hit your child you'd be kissing the cops asses to get the perp,
after last week don't you realize you are't all that important in the big picture!
know we all know who and what you are,
A SPOILED,CHILDISH,and SELF IMPORTANT BIT*H.

Miss. Priest

She should gave just stayed in the car and phoned her attorney. I don't blame the cop at all.

Truth

SIT THE F*CK DOWN BITCH!! YEA, WE KNOW WHO U ARE... ANOTHER DUMB ASS BLONDE. #TRUTH!!

FLUX

It doesn't matter if you are rich and famous. A drunk driver is still a drunk driver. Money might get you out of jail but it doesn't change the fact that you could have killed some innocent family. Let the police do the job we pay them for, which is far more important than your acting skills..

nickvegas

I think it's great. It shows she's LIKE US? You go Reese!

IndyMike

I don't care for her movies anyways. They all the same lame ass chick flicks.

Jamey Hunter

Shocking! She seems to love that America's Sweetheart and fabulous mom persona. I wonder how she felt about hubby when she sobered up at realized they'd both be on TMZ. I expect a big, fake, crying apology coming soon.

Greygoose125

Rich people can afford a driver or call a car service, so they have no excuse when they get arrested for DUI.

Reese was full of herself and a lot of liquor while pulling out the "don't you know who I am?" card.

Hhhhhgghjjffgjj

Now lets see the mug shots tmz

Mike

Just shutting up, acting as sober as possible, and being friendly is about all you can do to get on the good side of a cop if you see the dreaded blue lights in your rear view mirror. Who knows, this might be the first time Reese has ever been arrested or even pulled over.

Did she think the cop wasn't a real one and it was a practical joke like on the TV show "Punked"?

NOT ELMO

Reese Witherspoon is Pretty and an Oscar-Winner But She is NOT as Famous as She might think She is, Her Biggest Movie To Date has only made about $150 Million Worldwide or in other words almost 6 Times LESS Money Than Twilight Breaking Dawn #2...

kay

Of all the cars they could own...they drive a Ford Fusion

meme

I am glad she is being exposed as the giant douchecanoe that she really is. As if she and her nobody baby daddy have some kind of right to drive drunk and feel they should be able to get away with it because she's "Famous". A-holes could have killed someone driving drunk.

Spinnaker

Get her as@ out of Atlanta.