Rapper R. Prophet

Graphic Post-Taser Photos

Cops Thought He Called Himself a Prophet

4/25/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0424_tazer_injuries_launch
Pulling a Reese Witherspoon is all the rage these days ... the problem, when you're R. Prophet and ask a cop, "Do you know who I am" ... you've gotta enunciate clearly, because judging from the pics a misunderstanding can cause you a world of hurt.

Prophet was arrested Saturday for disorderly conduct and other stuff, and in the middle of the bust he screamed, "I'm R. Prophet!!!"   But cops thought he was proclaiming, "I'm a prophet" ... which made him look like a nutcase, and things went downhill quickly.

Kentucky State Police say they had to tase the ex-Nappy Roots rapper multiple times for resisting arrest ... and again for kicking out the back window of a police cruiser. The photos tell the story of the struggle.

But Prophet tells TMZ, it's all BS ... he was fully cooperative and cops repeatedly tased him for no reason as he laid helpless on the ground and handcuffed, adding, "I felt they were doing me like a slave.  I thought I was dead."  He also says when he was thrown in the back of the cruiser he was pepper sprayed and tased again.

Prophet says it got so bad in the car he thought they were going to drive him somewhere and kill him.  In a panic, he says he gashed his head on the window.

The trooper who arrested Prophet tells TMZ, the rapper was highly intoxicated, walked directly into traffic and was a danger to himself and others.

lbg22

Blah blah blah....let me guess it was because I was black not because i was a complete idiot to the cops.

spectator72

Oh he took a beating .all cut up and looks like road rash .That must hurt . They were rough on him .

Swins

He'd have looked a LOT worse if they let him continue to walk into traffic drunk and get hit by a car

Ashley

I hate playing the race card BUT I truly believe that if he was white, then this would of never happened, to that extent anyways. I am a white girl and it sickens me that cops can be this brutal. Look at Reese, she did the same thing and do you see her all bruised and beaten up? NO! Exactly.............so fkn disgusting, I hope Prophet goes after these bastards, this makes me sick to my stomach!!!!

Mr.Mackey

Prophet fought the law and the , law won.

Edith

Thats got you get!!! Dump ass jjjj

notalawyer

"which made him look like a nutcase" Law Enforcement can never be too careful..

They were lucky he was not "LIL" R.Prophet

shabbs69

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love it! Learn to keep your F**cking mouth shut when you talk to the cops and this wouldn't happen IDIOT!!!!

joethaplumber

This is why I laugh when police get that heat put on them. Like that MIT rent a cop and his boy.

Mona

GROSS!

Snyderwife

Okay seriously, yeah, that's a lot of damage...but can someone please explain to me how the cops had anything to do with his toe looking like he dipped it in acid?!? If dude was running around without shoes on any street, he is a nutcase!

joethaplumber

R.I.P. CHRIS DORNER!

joethaplumber

I remember when police slammed that white lady on her head while she was handcuffed.

mkane84

that's the south for you

Virgonian

He would've been just fine if he had just identified himself as Reese Witherspoon...