Rapper R. Prophet

Graphic Post-Taser Photos

Cops Thought He Called Himself a Prophet

4/25/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0424_tazer_injuries_launch
Pulling a Reese Witherspoon is all the rage these days ... the problem, when you're R. Prophet and ask a cop, "Do you know who I am" ... you've gotta enunciate clearly, because judging from the pics a misunderstanding can cause you a world of hurt.

Prophet was arrested Saturday for disorderly conduct and other stuff, and in the middle of the bust he screamed, "I'm R. Prophet!!!"   But cops thought he was proclaiming, "I'm a prophet" ... which made him look like a nutcase, and things went downhill quickly.

Kentucky State Police say they had to tase the ex-Nappy Roots rapper multiple times for resisting arrest ... and again for kicking out the back window of a police cruiser. The photos tell the story of the struggle.

But Prophet tells TMZ, it's all BS ... he was fully cooperative and cops repeatedly tased him for no reason as he laid helpless on the ground and handcuffed, adding, "I felt they were doing me like a slave.  I thought I was dead."  He also says when he was thrown in the back of the cruiser he was pepper sprayed and tased again.

Prophet says it got so bad in the car he thought they were going to drive him somewhere and kill him.  In a panic, he says he gashed his head on the window.

The trooper who arrested Prophet tells TMZ, the rapper was highly intoxicated, walked directly into traffic and was a danger to himself and others.

vics0430

LMAO...... He said "slave" like he meant it!

Hotwheelz

not a surprise, they were ordering people out of their homes in Boston bombing looking for 1 19yo without warrants...............

Natalie

COPS deserve Death Penalty in this case for trying to take this mans life.

He is right they were trying to kill him, if not, why tasered him in his head, and all of those who support the COPS, who are obviously racists, there is a place where people like you go in the end, and it is worst than a taser.

hers

I don't know...but this looks like an ass kicking to me...not cops trying to subdue anyone...just sayin

john

I thought this story was a joke....Im r prophet??

I am abc god head rocket scientist uncooperative genious little.

TheTruthHurts

I actually believe him, cops do this stuff all the time, and not just to black people. abusing power is just horrible. but he also should have expected this **** in Kentucky.

joethaplumber

If a cop speaks up he is "crossing the blue line" and he will be fired for making false accusations.

Six Million Dollar Man

Graphic pics? They aren't graphic. Homicide and accident scene photos are graphic, these aren't graphic, they are just little wounds. Nothing man.

ceegii63

how the hell did you think Cops in Kentucky know who the hell you are, your no Jay-Z or P.Diddy

hateracistpeople

All u fake ass computer tough guys know dam well u won't go up too these brothers and say it in our face u know we'd go ghetto on ur inbred ass go screw ur mom or district u sick bastards

Waldo

Good job Boys!! Ya worked that idiot over good!! Nappy Roots...LMFAO!

Waldo

Good job Boys....Ya worked this punk over pretty good!! WTF Nappy Roots! LMFAO

Digi818

Damn, thats some BS! Even if they think your crazy, thats no way to treat someone, remember the bum beat to death last year by the police in Cali?? Not kool!! & @ ceegii63 its because Nappy Roots is from Kentucky, Dumb Ass!

Phil Jones

Hey, boy, where'd you get dem big lips? LOL!

monique

"I'm R. Prophet!!!"
why didn't you just tell them your real name
...just ANOTHER no talent attention whore...