« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins

Twitter Death Threats

After Gay Announcement

5/1/2013 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0501_jason_collins
It's not all love for the first major (active) pro athlete to come out of the closet ... NBA player Jason Collins has also been the target of online death threats since announcing he's gay.

The homophobic threats began appearing on Twitter right after Jason's big coming-out interview with Sports Illustrated. Among the venom ...

-- "Yous a dead f****t talkn on tv Boy."
-- "Listening to Jason Collins describe his gayness as 'beautiful' makes me wanna puke. And kill him."
-- "Jason collins comes out the closet! Kill that biiitttchhhh!!!"
-- "First jason collins say he gay.. Now he on espn w lipgloss on  kill him now !!!"
-- "Jason Collins should get the death penalty lol how u a 7 foot gay dude lol the west is crazy smh"

In the S.I. article, Collins says he doesn't expect everyone to embrace him ... but it's unclear if he expected this kind of hatred.

We reached out to Collins for comment -- so far, no word back.

0429_openly_gay_athletes_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sameguy41

Let him be who he wants to be !! Its his life, there should only be one person judging!! and that's not you :)

Apples187

Tim Tebow gets bashed for saying he is a Christian and gets told to shut his mouth by the media but this guys gets praised for being gay. That does not make any sense ???

Peeter Pahn

Thats really low to threaten someone...and only ******* make threats on twitter...haha lil scare punks...

magikmarv

Hy Shannon please what you think this is all about its the sex part you say that in defense of gay sex but I know if you saw a man putting his penis in another man's hairy ads you would be disgusted. I hate that gay people want to force that nasty **** on regular people now I don't condone any type of violence toward Nyone that's different but don't call me ignorant cause I don't agree with gay sex. I was watching this talk show and someone texted that they believe in man and women and marriage the host called that person ignorant, why cause they have a valid opinion. I don't believe in gay sex I love my brother my male friend give him a hug whatever, but don't mean I want his dick in my mouth or butthole

teedofftaxpayer

There are some ignorant people out there. And what is sad is they hide behind religion.

magikmarv

Soon as I put my post up about gay life I get called ignorant see what I mean my non gay people watch what u say about gay people they run the world we don't want to lose our careers cause we don't agree with dick in our butts. I work with a gay guy he's funny nice to be around but once he start talking about him being with a man last night and what he did with his penis I don't want to hear that nasty **** and that where gays get mad when u dont take part in their life style they get mad call u ignorant

NOT ELMO

Jason Collins and Frank Ocean are Dating....

Sonja

And people were all outraged about why he didn't come out sooner! Why he tried to play it straight.. WTF is wrong with people to want someone dead who did nothing to them, hurt no one? Bunch of dickless cowards, the lot of them.

jj

see gay language and deception( sicking)

joethaplumber

Claim sexual harassment and file a lawsuit. The NBA will have to give them their own locker room and that will keep the others in the closet. No man should have to be forced to get undressed in front of a qu..err.. Just like women to men.

RxQueen

Poor guy, he doesn't deserve that. Coming out is hard enough without a bunch of ****s being fxckholes. You don't have to agree with his lifestyle but u don't have to be a jerk.

Tee

I still respect him!!

Cold Azz Honkey

It was easier for him to come out then to go in.

HogwartsGayBath

My problem with "gays" and anyone out the most frequent realms is what the hell do you want from everybody?

so you are a gay and like carpet munching or porking other dudes.......So fuqkin what? What do you want from me and everyone else?

Want me to tell you how "beautiful" your gayness is? How bout you do not go out of your way to tell me, act like a normal person and if i ever see that you happen to be a man lover i will treat you like a normal person and with respect.

Or you can prance around, wear retarded clothes and talk like you are mugatus servant.....

magikmarv

Gay man can deceive a women for 7 years only to leave her because hey I really want a man, is that right for him to do to his fiance since college but attack me for attacking him.... Now that's gay