Reese Witherspoon

Arrest in ATL Was Just

'One of Those Nights'

5/2/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050213_reese_witherspoon_gma_launchReese Witherspoon said she and her husband exercised "poor judgment" on the night they were both arrested in Atlanta and says an incident like that will "never happen again."

In her first interview since the arrest in Atlanta on April 19, Reese told George Stephanopoulos of "Good Morning America" that she and hubby Jim Toth had "one too many glasses of wine" at dinner and thought they were "fine to drive."

Clearly they weren't ... and Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after she mouthed off to the police officer who was arresting her husband for DUI.

As for the infamous "Do you know my name?" ... Reese admitted, "I had no idea what I was saying."

lynkel

We all make mistakes, most of us have been there.

Spanky

Lies!!

Dave

Once a bitch, always a bitch. I met her a month ago and she was a total bitch, so all this doesn't surprise me at all. No one cares about her anymore, she did this to be relevant. Get the stick out of your butt and just mellow out.

Fiona Gallagher

I have no respect for people who drive drunk and especially people who have money to get a driver. The truth comes out when you're wasted, she knew what she was saying.

STFUP

What a crock of S**T! She knows that saying that revealed to the whole World just how stuck up and out of touch with reality she is. She thinks that her status as a 'star' should automatically entitle her to special treatment - including with the law.
Nope. Sorry Reece. You aren't getting off that easy. We've seen your true nature now.

Jay-D

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/pregnant-kim-kardashian-kanye-west-romance-no-ring-wedding-date-time-apart/. How come that story passed thru tmz's desk with no story?? P.S. atleast reese worked for her money... Even tho what she said was annoying but she was drunk. I much rather watch kims fake relationship fall apart.

freebutterfly13

I still love her she is a good person who just made a drunkin mistake I'm sure we have all done stupid whit in our lifetime at least shes not another Lindsay Logan! Lmao

freebutterfly13

Oops ugh dumb phone....* Lindsay lohan

WTF

She addressed it, she apologized and made no excuse. Move on.

Jflx

She is an idiot!!!!!And so ****ing annoying..

indy dave

she had no idea what she was saying but a half hour before she thought her or her husband were ok to drive??? lying to cover up stupidity...

mommy

Lost all respect for this woman... still just so flippant about the whole thing..."just bad judgement ya know".

justagirl

Wow. Many posters hating on Reese. I guess they cant relate to people who live good honest lives and hit a bump in the road, take responsibilty and make sure it doesnt happened again. Lindsay or Beiber are making headlines for constant bad behavior and/or making a mockery out of the judicial system are glorified..good citizens who own up to their mistakes are demonized. A perfect example of where we are as a nation in todays society.

Swimfan

Yeah, one of those nights we all got to see you are a mega-bitch, LOL

Laura

They should not have been driving. Otherwise, people all have "one of those nights". I find it refreshing that she addresses it herself, and we don't have to listen to the crappy PR spin that we usually have to listen to with celebs.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments