« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ripped By Judge

for Slapping Lawyer's Ass

6/11/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0610_chad_johnson_video_launch
update_bar
Chad has just filed a motion asking the judge to reconsider the ruling.

10:46 AM PT
-- Chad is currently at jail and is being booked.

10:30 AM PT
-- We just got video of the love tap. Check it out.

7:55 AM PT
-- Chad was arrested in the courtroom and has been ordered to serve 30 days in jail.

7:45 AM PT --
Chad and his attorney are back in front of the judge ... apologizing ... and desperately trying to convince the judge to accept the original terms of the deal.

gray-bar-update
Chad Johnson
was just kicked out of a Florida courtroom ... after the former NFL star playfully slapped his male lawyer's ass -- a move that ENRAGED the judge, TMZ has learned.

Johnson was in court in Broward County, FL to face the judge for his recent probation violation in his domestic violence case.

During the hearing, the judge and Chad's lawyer were about to finalize the terms of Chad's punishment -- terms that were pretty favorable to Chad.

But the whole thing fell apart at the last minute, when the judge asked Chad if he was satisfied with his attorney -- and the ex-NFL star reached back and playfully slapped his lawyer's ass.

Chad smiled ... the court erupted with laughter .... but the judge wasn't amused.

In fact, the judge found the move disrespectful -- and lashed out at Johnson ... asking him if the whole proceeding was a "joke" to him.

Johnson replied, "I had no intent to make this a joke, because my life is in shambles right now."

The judge -- who lost her patience -- suddenly announced that Chad's deal was OFF ... and kicked him out of the courtroom.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nico

Awesome Judge

RobinD323

That's exactly the kind of Judge I'm going to be! As soon as I take the bench. No nonsense. You better look me in the eye when I'm talking to you or else. 30 days ! ha

poohbear90

I agree that this was not the appropriate time to do this but was this really that deep? I mean the man can't help that the courtroom laughed. He did it as a congratulations kind of thing. I believe she overreacted. Did he laugh? If not then, that ruling was some BS. He got in trouble because of other peoples sense of humor? Would Lindsey lohan get this treatment if someone laughed at her in court?

pj

I bet she at home now saying girl let me tell you what hi had to do at work today

TMS

B!tch (and I'm female) needs to lighten up! Chad spend how many years in the NFL slapping @sses and getting his own @ss slapped when good things happened. What did she expect?

Meghanm379

I have to say I disagree with the judge. Chad is a football player and that's what they do, based on his previous legal troubles I am guessing that he and his lawyer are pretty close. The main point here is that she sent him to jail based on OTHER PEOPLES behavior; chad never laughed. WTF?!?

poohbear90

goaway

Objection Your Honor. With all due respect the Sheriff was the one laughing his ass off in your court room.
Will he be put in contempt of court for laughing in your court room? Seriously, The sheriff got the crowd going by laughing not the slap and it is his job to keep order in the court.

lin

Gosh I hate this angry, spiteful and hateful women stories but then I turn around and see someone like this bitch getting drunk on her authority and I bow my head in shame. the bitch moniker is so well deserved. It is even more frightening that this emotional hamster is allowed to sit on the judges bench. and whoever hired her should give this some very serious thoughts. she needs to be disrobed, figuratively. One cant have this crazy bitch running amok on her hamster wheel in a courtroom. it will just result in bad decisionmaking.

Laurie

Can you say Moron? Sure you can!

HillbillyHell

Judge is smokin hot. Just sayin....

72183

Judge overreacted! Isn't the sherif supposed to be maintaining order but instead went along with the laugh??? I don't think ochocinco is onf of the smartest guys out there but he seems to be a down to earth and funny all in one. 30 days in jail for something like that is just too much! There are worse criminals out there who don't even get to see a day in jail.

David

Why is she yelling at him saying It's not a joke when he was not laughing....if she had a issue with people in the court laughing then she should of told them to shut up before she kicked them out, that's what Judge Judy would of said lol...he can't control the actions of others,or what they think is funny..sometimes people say or do things in courtrooms that some people find funny,but aren't meant to be funny,and for courtroom silence, the judge will typically pound his or her gavel and say,"Order in the court !".I think he was just happy with his attorney and did that in a effort to show his appreciation.Maybe she didn't want to except the plea in the first place and just used that as a excuse,because If she had felt that disrespected by it she would of addressed it as soon as he did it,not after she heard laughter in the court,because it didn't seem to be a issue for her until then.

sester2484

I think she needs to be Lindsay lohans judge. Just saying. And i don't know why everyone is getting so pissy. It's about time a judge steps up and acts like she has authority with celebrities. They think they can get away with murder cuz they are famous and rich and history had taught us that they can. So if it takes a little slap on the ass to get the judge to put get foot down, I say about time!!!

David