J. Cole

Gun-Toting Twitter Fan

Investigated By Police

6/19/2013 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0619-jcole-tweet-twitter-j-cole
The idiot who blackmailed rapper J. Cole on Twitter yesterday -- by threatening to kill his little sister if J. Cole didn't retweet him -- is now being investigated by police, TMZ has learned.

A rep for the New Braunfels Police Department in Texas tells us, they have opened an investigation into the 19-year-old responsible for the tweet ... after the picture (showing the fan aiming a gun at his sister's face) was brought to their attention.

The rep says the teenager in question "is cooperating and it seems this was just a bad lapse in judgment." Police say the gun in the picture is a BB gun, not an actual handgun.

The rep adds, "For now this is still an open investigation, and for the time being no charges are being filed."

As for the teenager -- we spoke to the kid, and he has profusely apologized for sending the message, telling us, "I'd like to apologize to America for the photo and to put J. Cole in that position. It was all a joke."

He added, "It was an unloaded BB gun and my sister was in on it. I only tweeted it because I didn't expect a response. Mr. Cole please don't sue me. I want to formally apologize more to J. Cole and yeah my mom made me delete my twitter until I fixed it.”

So there you have it. DON'T BE STUPID, KIDS.

Georgie

It was a prank. IT was an unloaded BB gun. He scared us. Horror movies scare us. I say based on allowing scary images like to appear in movies, etc then the authorities do not have a case. I think it is a terrible thing that he did, but it is not criminal.

randomnone

And TMZ do not be stupid, you are just like him....remember....this dude is supposed be in Saudi Arabia? Stupid! Sometimes I wonder how many brain cells you collectively have. Anyone with two eyes and a functioning brain knew that was a stupid, obnoxious, narcissist = American

Nyd

I love black culture

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Well, apparently apologizing for being a dumb-ass and getting in trouble isn't enough for some here, they need blood!! Drag his ass out to the square and saw him in half!!!

morgan

That gun looks pretty real from here.

Ginger

Not so sure little sister is in on the 'joke.' Look at her stance. She's frozen in fear. Big brother needs to be charged with being stupid if nothing else.

dreamer4u

Worthless piece of crap and people wonder WHY they are called derogatory names???? hmmm

robotchimp

Yes, but did he buy the record ?

Obbop

Keepin' it real in the 'hood.

robotchimp

Yes, but did he buy the record ?

supermom

His dumb criminal ass needs to be charged...terroristic threats

Nina

His sister was in on it... I don't think so. She's a baby...

monique

i don't know which is more unbelievable, a 19 year old this immature or his mother making him delete his twitter account

anon

He is a sociopath. Time to educate America on this!!!! Harvey, we are looking to you. Even though you studied law, not personality disorders. People are too chicken to bring this to mainstream light? Dr. Phil isn't doing it, Nancy Grace only screams (posthumously, uselessly) without understanding it- she only gets the law- and that is useless when there are sociopathic judges and lawyers impeding justice.. Sociopaths know this and continue wth their agendas, the public mass ignorance is one of their greatest weapons. They always "joke" knowing that the courts here (not any other country!) will buy this as a mental illness. It's not. They know the difference between right and wrong and choose wrong. And love that they get a free loophole "insanity" plea. A kid sociopath that killed his sister 'wrestling" http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/06/teen-held-for-killing-sister-5-with-wrestling-moves/ Remember that and the "just kidding like Jason" athlete Nelly made fun of- Jason Kidd who killed the chauffer knowingly, thinking he'd get away with it. OJ, Casey Anthony, Jodi A, Phil Spector, on and on and on. When are we going to do pre-emptive MRIs, predictive modeling on behaviors to track these creepy murderous freaks. Enough is enough. System is not working. Psychiatrists are not working. Courts are not working.

Sodawaterposion