Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Ugotshook

I'm not racist...... I have a couple of pars of black slacks! Lmao!

Nelson betancourt

I'm with you Paula ,we all say thing we wish we have not said but we don't get pushed to the ground & kicked . hang in there

exlax

evreyone should own at least 2 to replace the white house and get more free food

tallm1

the Food Network was real quick to get rid of Paula Dean yet they don't have one African American on their list they had the Neelys and then they got rid of them right away I say boy caught Food Network for firing Paula Deen

nettie928

Paula Deen has always been the epitome of classy. In my opinion, we don't have all the facts here.

Nyxee

This is ridiculous... I use words I shouldn't all the time. I call things "gay" "retarded". I use the word "***". When I was a teenager my friends and I use the "N" word. "My N" and "N Please". I have homosexual friends and my best friend is African American. I just use foul language. I call my friends hookers and ho's. nothing against prostitutes... Paula Deen is being punished for doing what she swore to do, be honest and tell the truth which in today's society is just as bad as using the "N" word. "N" Please, if it was me everyone would be calling me racist, homophobe with serious issues against the mentally disabled and prostitutes.

mel greene

Idiots. People are trying so damn hard to be PC. In the south, EVERY white person of her age group has said the N word. Afterall, it is just a word damn it. Get over it. Now, go after all the black people who have made cracks against whites. I dare you. This would never happen. Even if she is a racist, that is NOT against the law. More power to her.

MRSQUAYE

This is "NEWS"? Please so she said the big "N" word pls!!! Most intelligent black people don't get offended when this word is used for the simple fact for every "******" there is a "***** ****** ******* *****" to follow. Am I racist no just tired of black people trying to play the race card. Everybody has the freedom of speech. Seriously get some real news out TMZ!

Quitchurwhining

Too bad, she seemed like a great gal. Not sure why the N word matters any freakin more. Seriously, black youth sling it around like it's gum. I've become desensitized to hearing it. N*%%@ is a behavior/frame of mind (lazy/good for zero). Trust, I've seen n*%%#s in all races. She was honest, that should count for something.

Cornman

blacks have been victims for years and everything is the white mans fault. when all of this was before our time and dont have a thing to do with us. The only thing I dont understand is how alot of them wont work because the they white people owe it to them. Millions of Mexican people had to come in here to make up for that dead weight which is majority black. THAT IS A FACT. Are the mexicans crying and say discrimination, NO. They work their butts off and are happy to be here so give them credit.

Cornman

blacks were called The n word cause they were from *****ia, Irish-Ireland. Australia- Australian. France-french, and so on... so whats the big deal??

Sharon Anderson

Can we say political correctness....Well, food network you just lost a viewer, and a consumer....

Cornman

Blacks are way more prejudice than whites thats a fact. have you heard a black pull up next to you playing country music in their car?? NO they wont. whites listen to black music. whites support black people but blacks dont support whites. FACT!!

angryreddwarf

of course she should burn in hell , she is white and used the n word , only blacks can use the n word, by the , where was all this outrage when the movie "White Chicks" was released? oh , thats right

Sharon

This is sooooo stupid.. I will not be watching anything on food network again... Everyone and even the top dogs I'm sure at one time or another has used this word.. I'm sure us white folk has had many names for
Us... Lets all forgive .. My best friend is black and
She thinks this is going to far for something happened
Years ago....

Previous 15 Comments | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments