« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star CM Punk

Hits Mom with Restraining Order

'Threats to Commit Suicide'

6/26/2013 10:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0626_cm_punk

WWE superstar CM Punk has obtained a restraining order against his estranged mother -- claiming she constantly hits him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he doesn't come through ... TMZ has learned.

Punk -- real name Phillip Brooks -- claims in legal docs filed in Illinois that he's tried to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year "due to repeated financial demands and years of abusive, harassing and threatening behavior."

In the document, Punk says he's made an effort to help his mom -- who he claims suffers from bipolar disorder -- giving her more than $100,000. But Punk says her "abusive/threatening behavior" escalated when he cut her off.

That's when Punk's mom allegedly unleashed a torrent of nasty emails -- telling the wrestler, "You don't give a s**t about us. You just care about your money and money hungry/fame hungry friends. You would sell us for a nickel."

Punk also says his mother threatened to release potentially embarrassing information about her son's past. Punk suggests the information has to do with arrests when he was in high school.

In the docs, Punk says his mother has threatened to commit suicide on at least 4 occasions in 2012.

Punk says, "I wish for the harassment to stop and am requesting the assistance of the court in this regards."

The judge in the case granted the temporary restraining order back on June 10 -- but the wrestler is due back in court today where he will likely try to extend the protection order for several years.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ME 2

Unfortunately, this happens in families sometimes...whether rich or poor. I have dealt with family BS for years.....instead of digging myself a hole and crawling into it....I eliminated the causes of un-needed stress & anxiety in my life...it's a hard thing to do, but in the end it was for the best & I am alot happier without all the B. S....there comes a time when we have to do what is best for ourselves...even if it means cutting all ties with some family members.

Zack Snow

If I know one thing about CM Punk, it's that he does NOT only care about the money.. Punk ha been doing this since he was a child, and he damn well deserves to be titled Best in the World. Hes a great guy and does it because 1. He loves the business and 2. He loves the Fans.. And we care about him just as much.

CJ Fink

I don't blame him. I'm a huge fan of wrestling & huge fan of Punk. In his do***entary, he said he was never close to his family & that while in high school he moved in w/ his best friend & her parents & that is his family to him. It's obvious he tried to help his mother, giving her 100K, even in this economy, is a s*it ton of money.

blakhoode

Sad situation. Punk is a great guy and very generous and supportive to those close to him; even buying his friend's home before he lost it to foreclosure. Considering his rocky relationship with his family, I'm amazed he has given his mom 100K already, but that just goes to show the kind of guy he is.

MyBadSweetie

Ha ha! "You don't give a s**t about us" That's funny because Punk has said for years that they didn't give a s**t about him. I guess his favored brother they love so much doesn't have anymore of the money he stole from Punk. Punk f**k your family. You're doing the right thing. BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

Jay W.

"Well you started out with nothing,
And you're proud that you're a self made man,
And your friends, they all come crawlin,
Slap you on the back and say,
Please.... Please....."

Family comes crawlin in this case. Best of luck CM.

edswoggle

This story is incredibly sad...and hits close to home. Best of luck to both Punk and his mother through all of their troubles.

Dak

Wow. I feel sorry for him for what he's been through. He can be an inspiration. Sounds like he's a good guy who has people who will go to bat for. Looks like a moviestar. Kicks @$$ like a rockstar. Best of luck to this guy!

vRockMcCarty

I'm not his biggest fan inside the squared circle with the way WWE writes him, but outside he's a great guy. I know to a degree what he's going through. Best of luck to him.

Janet Becraft

CM Punk (Phillip Brooks) YOU ARE NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT ALL.
WHAT IN THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU THREATENING your mom to kill herself.
Phillip, you need to go and get help.
Your mom loves you very much.
If I was a WWE Manager, I would suspended or fired you from WWE.
I don't think the WWE Universe is not going to cheer for you anymore, they will boo at you in that WWE ring and they will say CM Punk SUCKS.
Let your mom live a long time.
And again PUNK, if I was Manager of WWE, I would have you remove from The Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
PUNK GET HELP RIGHT AWAY!
Your mom is wrong to talk to you that way but Punk, you and your mom need to get help right away (ASAP).
I'm not a big fan of yours but good luck to you and your mom getting help.
Try to talk to Dr.Drew for help for you and your mom to get help.

LILLIAN SANTANA

Some parents are just bad & it sounds like Punk's mother is one of them .I hope she just leaves Punk alone she doesn't deserve a good son like Punk.

Scott Levy

For those who don't know, on Punk's dvd he basically said he stopped talking to his family because they constantly sided with his brother who stole from him.

b003

Your rich your supposed to have judge in your pocket to commit her.

Jack

I think we come from the same family

penguin

If you look up best in the world in the dictionary you will see hid picture next to it

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments