Paula Deen

Dropped By Publisher

6/28/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0628_paula_deen_ballentine_books_tmz
The demolition derby known as Paula Deen's empire rolls on -- she's just been dropped by one of her publishers, which says it will no longer release her next project ... which was expected to be a best seller.

In a statement released Friday, Ballantine Books announced it has cancelled the publication of "Paula Deen's New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up".

But get this ... even though the book wasn't set to come out until October, it's already #1 on Amazon with pre-order sales.

Ballantine adds its name to the long list of companies abandoning ship in light of Deen's n-word controversy ... The Food Network, QVC, JCPenny, and Smithfield Hams, etc ...

0628_companies_dropped_paula_deen_footer

Sara

WTF

Elle

Ridiculous!!! Her book had so many preorders it had gone to number one on Amazon. Whoever made that decision at Ballantine should lose their job.

sheen75

New game: guess who's next to dump Deen!

LetsBeReAL

Interesting.. Although, I felt like the backlash was deserved in the beginning, i feel like she was definitely chosen to be made an example of. The media and these businesses are showing there is no toleration for racism & she's the example. It's definitely a witch hunt and she's the lucky woman who got chosen. She has millions of dollars that she can live off very nicely for her remainder years. Don't feel too sorry for her!

Jordan

It might be time for Paula to start Charging money for her FREE HOE CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan

WHEN PAULA DEEN TALKS COMPANIES LEAVE!!!

backfire

OMG what is going on? Disgusting. The woman apologized for what she said decades ago.

my2cents

I is what I is, y'all.

Jeff Gabel

Wow! Paula Deen says some bad words several years ago and people go wacko. I said as much or worse as a teen. I guess I should be tossed off the Golden Gate Bridge. I suppose now Kmart, Walmart and JC Penny will drop me as a customer! Bummer.
What a bunch of wussies piling on to Paula like this.

AplMacLady

@Realist I suggest you go look it up then. Additionally, that was a pretty lame comeback and one that fails miserably.

Breaking Bones

like Paula said
'I is what I is'...
now that's an apology if i ever heard one

GoodNews!

@GraceLand69: It's called Ethics, Moral Responsibility, also known as, Doing the Right Thing. You are not alone, Paula, Bubba and many on this thread don't get it either, that's why corporations have to take drastic measures when people don't get it. Paula & Bubba are two loose cannons and need's to be SHUT-DOWN. Hope that clears things up for you.

GoodNews!

"I is what I is"... this woman is simple minded! Why would she respond so foolishly over the seriousness of her situation. It's obvious that she does not respect her employees, but my goodness, show a little respect towards your sponsors that you have multimillion dollar contracts with and respond in an intelligent manner. Notice they all bailed after that interview! She's an IDIOT!!! I guess being an IDIOT is how she got herself caught up in this mess in the first place.

Nobrows

Very PC . . . but not very good businessmen over at Ballantine Book. You have a guaranteed best seller and you pull it. Are you crazy. Anyone who owns any stock in this company should raise the roof at their stupidity.

GoodNews!

@ LAXFLOW: Paula's net worth is $10 million, she could go broke if she tries to venture on her own. And who would be stupid enough to invest in a business venture with that immature, ignorant woman. The interview with Today Show proved that woman does not know how to properly conduct herself as a business woman. If she was silly enough to say "I is what I is" with her sponsors watching and listening to her, that alone is enough for them to drop her. I hope she didn't think that silly remark was cute and endearing... She made an a@@ out of herself and who want's to be associated with that!!!