« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kurt Angle

Popped for DWI Again

Checking into Rehab

8/2/2013 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0802_kurt_angle_article
TNA superstar Kurt Angle has been arrested for DWI again, TMZ has learned -- his 4th alcohol-related arrest in 6 years .. and the pro wrestler now plans to enter rehab.

A rep for the Texas highway patrol tells TMZ, Angle was busted Thursday night in Wise County, Texas following a live taping of "Impact" for Spike TV. We're told police received a call about a reckless driver, and caught up to Angle on the road.

We're told they pulled him over on suspicion of reckless driving, and detected an odor of alcohol emanating from Angle's vehicle. It's unclear if a field sobriety test was administered, but Angle was placed under arrest and taken to a nearby police station.

Angle has a long history with alcohol-related arrests.

In 2007, he was arrested for DUI in Pennsylvania. He was then arrested twice in 2011 -- once for being drunk behind the wheel of his parked car, and once for DWI.

Angle pled guilty to being drunk while parked, but he got off on the other charges.

Late Friday Angle tweeted ... "In light of recent events I will immediately be entering a rehabilitation center." He added, "I am confident that in taking these steps I can begin to address necessary changes in my life."

1005_celebrity_dui_footer'

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ravenfan

His license will not be taken away ,he has money! He does have a drinking problem ....he needs rehab ,and he needs to stop wrestling as he sucks anyway !!!!

wingfreak

All states boast about their "Tough O.U.I. Laws. Reality is that it is all financial. If you have money, you are all set. If you live Check to check it will cripple you financially. Need to get stricter sentences and lose license for life for repeaters for the safety of everyone.

D-INCARNATION

Oh it's true, it's dam true...

Pablo Escabar

One of these big celebs will have to kill an even bigger celeb for the rich get in trouble for DUI/DWI.

mr.howell

He looks stupid!..his neck is about to explode but his brain has shrunk to the size of a pea!...duuhh.

Spunky Funk

I like Kurt and think he's attractive. I like big, manly men who look like cavemen and could throw me over their shoulders and take me to their cave. Anyways - I hope Kurt is able to slay his demons and get healthy. Alcoholism is not something to berate - it's a sickness and is usually the result of someone trying to cover up intense emotional pain.

mousetrap

I had two DUIs between 1997 and 2007. Even though they were both misdemeanors, I was deeply affected by the last one. I am also extremely grateful I did not injure an innocent person. I can not emphasize enough how much these things can impact and damage your life. There is a big stigma associated with DUIs. You could very well have to work a bit to overcome them when it comes to getting a decent job. After what I went through the second time, the humiliation, the degradation, everyone along the whole process treats you like dog crap. The arresting police, the jailers, your psychiatric doctor you are required to see, the AA leaders who have to "sign off" on your forms, the DUI driving school instructors. Even your own attorney. It is just too much. Just stay home or don't drive. The best rule of thumb is don't drive if you have any alcohol whatsoever in your system. And a single drink can register on a breathalizer for up to 4 hours. If you have had a drink, you are done driving for the entire day and night. If you had a hell of a lot the night before, it is probably not a good idea to drive the next day until later in the evening. That is the rule of thumb. Follow it.

If a rapper had a brain

WOW you all have a white DMX!

Toilethead

I'd hate to meet that missing link in a dark ally.

billybob

He destroyed his body with roids & Speed. Now he's trying to destroy his brain, or what's left of it, finally...

unbelievable

The system is failing.

s_megma

It's true, it's true, it's damn true

KicksandGiggles

So what is it going to take for a judge to use his/her brain and jail and permanently revoke this moron's license? Oh, I guess he will have to kill someone before the moronic legal system thinks its serious.

andrew

so he drove an hour before he got caught. I drive that route all the time.

HEELKris

Kurt Angle is still the best. He won an Olympic Gold medal with a broken freaking neck!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments