« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Robbie Knievel

I'm an Alcoholic

But I'm Not Gonna Change

8/8/2013 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

080813_robbie_knievel_tmz_live_launch_v2
Robbie Knievel tells TMZ he's a hardcore alcoholic ... hellbent on self-destruction ... and there ain't a damn thing he can do about it.

Knievel just called in to "TMZ Live" to talk about his motor home DUI in South Dakota on Tuesday -- and admitted he was plastered that day ... explaining, "I'm a frickin' drinking, driving daredevil."

"I ride motorcycles and I friggin' drink and ride ... that's my deal."

During the interview, Knievel came off as a very conflicted man, battling some serious demons. "I have an alcohol problem," Knievel said ... "I'm a cowboy. I'm not a redneck. But I love whiskey."

Perhaps the most concerning part of the interview came when we asked how Robbie would feel if he hurt someone while boozed up behind the wheel.

"I shouldn't be drinking and driving 'cause I could kill somebody ... and you know what, it would be better if I killed myself."

Robbie shouldn't be drinking and driving anytime soon -- his license has been suspended for 30 days due to the DUI arrest.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lori

I think he is as big of an ******* as his father was.

Chilltopia

Wow he needs a longer suspension on his license and a good therapist before he ruins someone else's life.

KicksandGiggles

His life. His choice. However he needs help because the innocent should not be part of his self destructive behavior.

ANNIE24

What a selfish stupid dipshiiit. I hope that Mofo dies before he kills someone else.

STRAY

When the "3-day flus" start kicking in, it won't really be the flu: just a matter of time. You'll get over 'em like a cold and keep doing what you've been doing. 50 "colds" later, about 2 days in ... done.

wow

you can tell he has given up for the time being and is deep into drinking its truly sad to listen to the show today and to listen to how deep he is into drinking.. he has a hard road ahead if he ever wants to get clean and sober.. right now he does not.. he loves his drinking and i pray he stops driving anything.. cause he is going to kill himself or someone else.. as Max said today there is not alcohol in jail and its true there is none there and someone in his circle of friends and family do not take steps he is going to hurt some innocent person.. and i for one pray that does not happen.. only he is sad

geincolo

Yup. Duh, he's quite an intelligent fellow, duh, ain't he? The good news: liver disease kills quickly.

wow

Elizabeth Alan

Sadly, he wont change and probably will not remember talking to TMZ earlier today either. I ended a relationship of the man I loved for this same reason. Insanity because he woke up in alternate world or dream state of alcohol induced schizophrenia and often did not remember speaking with me hours earlier (before passing out). Often we lived in a continuation of some weird dream he was having that produced violent reaction and fighting - very abusive verbally and physically.

Chuggly

At least he honest. +1 for this guy!

charl62089

Can he still ride a bike over 40 buses??

gayle1976

What an upstanding citizen! You stay classy, Robby!!! What a dick!

Eric Anderson

Kenevil - does he look like an alchoholic? Where are the stong lines under his eyes? Where are the large sagging bags under his eyes? What a liar, Liar, McQuire.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Give him points for self-insight and then give him absolutely no access to any moving vehicles ever.

Tax

I hope the judge handling his DUI case gets to see this, Jail time for this DUI

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments