« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

He Shoved Me

Before Arrest

8/20/2013 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0820_lawson_mug_shot
Denver Nuggets
star Ty Lawson allegedly shoved his pregnant girlfriend before he was arrested for domestic violence on Saturday, this according to the police report -- but the girlfriend was arrested too.

According to the report, police were called to Lawson's Denver home around 9AM Saturday morning in response to a report of a domestic argument involving Lawson and his gf Ashley Pettiford -- aka Ashley King from "Bad Girls Club" -- who is six months pregnant.

When they arrived, Pettiford was crying, and explained that she and Lawson had been arguing because she overheard him talking to another woman on his phone the night before.

She told police she tried to pack her things to leave Lawson because she'd had enough, but he stopped her and pushed her onto their bed. She says she responded by throwing his phone and breaking it. Lawson then allegedly grabbed her phone and dunked it under water.

Pettiford said she knew her baby was okay despite the incident because she felt it moving afterward, but Lawson was still placed under arrest on suspicion of domestic violence, as well as criminal mischief (for throwing Pettiford's phone) and harassment.

Pettiford was arrested for criminal mischief (for destroying Lawson's phone) and domestic violence. They have both since been released on $1,000 bond.

0820_ty_lawson_basketball_photos_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

itsmegnotmeghan

Pathetic. I feel bad for that unborn child. There's no hope if these two idiots are the parents. The gene pool alone is terrible.

Jamey Hunter

They both sound like spoiled brats.

Anthony

Guys a baller obviously but she is cute as all hell. I wish to god I had the power to get girls that look that good. I would treat her like gold. Alas I don't make millions and don't have a 9 inch rod so I will continue my crap love life while guys like this destroy every girl they meet sooner or later.

6one9

L`O`S`E`R`S!!!

Symone

Ashley is such a beautiful woman. I don't understand why she wastes her time dating men like this. He isn't even attractive. His money isn't worth it in my opinion.

SunnyAutumn

They arrested the female this time, too. Wow. Throws phone out of car and hits in head repeatedly with a pointy-toed stiletto. She wasn't arrested. Colorado laws must be vastly different from California's laws.

PG

Doesn't anyone get married before getting pregnant anymore?

AV

What do you expect, he was a thug before he became a star and is still a thug, and ten years from now he will be still a thug but broke, in jail or in the streets for dead???

JBIZ

I dont know whos the bigger idiot here... the girl who marries a pro athlete and expects him not to cheat or the guy who knocks up and dates a girl from the "Bad Girl Club". Stupid is as stupid does.

JJ

All I can say is that there is a story behind every story. I refuse to consume these stories for the fact that it is not the entire story.

John

I am glad he had her arrested. Too often the guy says nothing and gets taken to jail. Don't ever do this guys you will get screwed by the courts. If she touches you send her to jail too it levels the playing field and any power she wanted to have over you by calling the cops is now gone. Well played Ty.

Pepsi Chick

i do believe these two crazy kids just might make it.

Selfie

Arrested for tossing phones... Haahaaa

lilly

she has written gold digger all over her face! here are more pictures of her

wtf

Are you sure? He doesnt look like the type of guy who would hit a woman. Does he?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments