'Hell's Kitchen' Winner

WON'T ACCEPT PRIZE AS HEAD CHEF

Cites 'Personal Matters'

8/23/2013 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0823_gordon_ramsey_janele_witt_article_getty
Ja'Nel Witt -- the winner of "Hell's Kitchen" Season 11 -- has announced she will NOT accept the show's grand prize (the head chef position at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants in Vegas) ... citing "personal matters."

It's been less than one month since Ja'Nel's reality show victory was broadcast on TV -- with Ja'Nel locking up the head chef gig at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill in Las Vegas ... a job that pays $250k.

Witt made the announcement on Twitter -- saying, "Due to personal matters, I will not be joining the team in Las Vegas, but I wish them continued success."

Witt did not go into detail about her personal situation.

"I would like to express my sincerest thanks to Hell's Kitchen, Gordon Ramsay, Caesars Palace & my supportive fans for this amazing experience," she added.

Story developing ...

kat40

She looks preggers in the pink and white top she has on

CliffyTX

She was drug-tested by Caesar's Palace and it came back positive for cocaine.

MYOB

She should of never been the winner in the first place. Mary was a much better chef oh..and not aided by coke

ThisCooterTalks

Give that job to Mary!! She deserved to win anyway!! #teammary

Starbum

She tested positive for cocaine.

deb

She failed the drug test...what a loser.

john johnson

cocaine is a hellova drug

KAJ528

I've never heard being too busy doing coke to be a "personal matter." Nice try loser, everyone knows the truth about you.

Shotokan500

I mean c'mon you dumb ass!! You couldn't lay off the blow for a week. You deserve poverty now

itzkathy

personal reasons my ass-- she FAILED the drug test!!! She apparently likes cocaine MORE than a quarter million a year job. What a TOTAL LLOOSSEERR!!!!!

j

She failed her drug test and decided to decline the offer before the results hit the world wide web

Barry Soetoro

Obama will send Eric Holder to investigate. Ramsey obviously is a racist.

lalet

It sounds like she has an issue with drugs and needs to get her crap together before they will allow her to take the job. Just a guess though.

c.hornsby1976

I personally feel as tho Mary from season 11 should get the opportunity since she was runner up!..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4