« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Khloe and Lamar

Marriage Crisis

Triggered By Drug Abuse

8/24/2013 2:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_khloe_lamar_02

The marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom is in crisis, and TMZ has learned ... the core reason is hardcore drug abuse.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Lamar has had a problem for 2 years.  It got so bad, last August Khloe pressured Lamar to go to rehab.  Lamar went to a facility in San Diego, but he was so resistant Khloe hired private investigators to secretly stand guard at the rehab place to make sure he didn't leave.  The P.I.s stood guard 24/7.

Our sources say Lamar constantly threatened to leave and Khloe made several visits to prevail upon him to stay.  We're told after 3 weeks, Lamar left for good.

We're told Lamar actually stayed clean once he left rehab and was able to play well for the Clippers this past season.  But when the season was over, sources say Lamar slipped deep back into hardcore recreational drugs.

As for reports that Lamar was cheating recently, we're told Khloe is convinced it happened, and she feels she's been hit with a double whammy ... but drugs are the main problem.

As for divorce ... neither Khloe nor Lamar has contacted a lawyer.  As one source put it, "Khloe is more concerned about saving Lamar than ending her marriage."

We're told the situation has become dire.  Sources tell us ... within the last 2 days, the entire family staged an intervention, trying to convince Lamar to go back to rehab, but he wouldn't have any of it.

0824-akm-splash-lamar-odom-kicked-out
In fact, on Wednesday morning, right after the failed intervention, Khloe threw Lamar out of the house and as you see from the pic (above), one of Lamar's friends is loading Lamar's stuff in his car as Lamar watches.

We attempted to reach Lamar for comment ... so far, no word back.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

HoTMZ

I hope Khloe's family will encourage her to divorce him. I know she really loves him so it will be hard to do, but being in a relationship with an addict doesn't get better. He will always put drugs before her and the longer she waits the more she will torture herself going through heartache, like peeling a bandaid very slowly. She already tried rehab and intervention so she can always know she tried to save him but only he can and he doesn't want to.

chinocollege

Man, and I thought they would make it! I never thought Lamar would have addiction issues..but you can never judge a book by its cover. Explains why he's never with the kardashians on vacation !

just say it

Get to know someone better before u marry them less than a month after meeting them.

nana

Its sad how people judge! I guess untill your in there situation you will never know how it truely &sincerely feels. I love you K.K.My thoughts&prayers our with u &your loved ones! U can not save someone from addition. Only they can save themself with God on there side. U can love Lamar but he has to face his pain,issues, & demons. Your most powerful weapon is the power of prayer! Love u&God bless!

LMB

I'm so sorry to hear that. She seemed like an excellent wife to him. And he seemed like a devoted and loving husband. But when you look at his background and the problems his own father has, you can see the pattern repeating itself. I hope things work out here in the best possible way.

Yo Daddy

well the story about Lamar cheating didn't go over well, now they are trying drugs!!! they're desperate

ltwbat@comcast.net

Ummmmmm Who Cares...

oleman

to be honest, if I was married into that family.....I'd be doing heavy drugs also!!!!

OprahLovesMe

Wtf are Hardcore recreational drugs LoL

Your mom

You don't marry someone three weeks after you meet, it never ends well. Seems more like she's trying to prove she didn't rush into marriage by sticking it out more than anything else.

R. Hall

Let him go, Khloe. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

lett196950

I dont believe one word of this story. TMZ i like to read and watch sometimes but this is a bit much.

verlinda

You would have to be high also to deal with this fvcked up family

ted

If I was married to that cow, I'd be on drugs too.

Zambonie

there is only one truthful word in this story