« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Khloe and Lamar

Marriage Crisis

Triggered By Drug Abuse

8/24/2013 2:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_khloe_lamar_02

The marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom is in crisis, and TMZ has learned ... the core reason is hardcore drug abuse.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Lamar has had a problem for 2 years.  It got so bad, last August Khloe pressured Lamar to go to rehab.  Lamar went to a facility in San Diego, but he was so resistant Khloe hired private investigators to secretly stand guard at the rehab place to make sure he didn't leave.  The P.I.s stood guard 24/7.

Our sources say Lamar constantly threatened to leave and Khloe made several visits to prevail upon him to stay.  We're told after 3 weeks, Lamar left for good.

We're told Lamar actually stayed clean once he left rehab and was able to play well for the Clippers this past season.  But when the season was over, sources say Lamar slipped deep back into hardcore recreational drugs.

As for reports that Lamar was cheating recently, we're told Khloe is convinced it happened, and she feels she's been hit with a double whammy ... but drugs are the main problem.

As for divorce ... neither Khloe nor Lamar has contacted a lawyer.  As one source put it, "Khloe is more concerned about saving Lamar than ending her marriage."

We're told the situation has become dire.  Sources tell us ... within the last 2 days, the entire family staged an intervention, trying to convince Lamar to go back to rehab, but he wouldn't have any of it.

0824-akm-splash-lamar-odom-kicked-out
In fact, on Wednesday morning, right after the failed intervention, Khloe threw Lamar out of the house and as you see from the pic (above), one of Lamar's friends is loading Lamar's stuff in his car as Lamar watches.

We attempted to reach Lamar for comment ... so far, no word back.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Knownbutunknown

Man this is so sad. I hate that the marriage is going sour but worst, I hate it's due to drugs... I wish I could help

Phreaky

He is turning into his Father.

Sadiemay

This isn't about drug use at all.

The Truth

SPIN...sounds like a fake story to make the Kardashian's look good in the public. All the years in the NBA and not one word of a drug problem, plus he is tested all the time.

The Truth Hurts

Nola504

Lamar needs to open his eyes. His career, marriage, and life is in danger. I feel bad for Khloe who always put her marriage first for Lamar. You can see on KUWTK that she actually cares for marriage & wants to spend time with Lamar even if he doesn't want to be on the show and "focus on basketball".

Kay

If I had the Kardashian's intervening in my life I'd probably do drugs to!

mean, gross, sad and saggy.

lamar's long been a pot head....but who cares about that. WHAT drugs?? That makes a HUGE difference. Mdmh...Coke...Meth...Bath Salts....Smack...Oxy....HUGE differences.

YouDontSay

If its Meth. Run. They never quit.

eicarr

Of course being around KHLOE would make you abuse drugs. He needs to escape that nightmare.

Good riddance!

Let everything Kartrashian related quickly and unmercifully fade the hell away as quickly as possible!

Joe

Which drugs? Why are you guys seriously beating around the bush on this?

Laura

I think they are a couple that love each other. I am sure Khloe has figured out by now that she can't save Lamar--only he can, and it sounds like he is in denial. I faced the same in my marriage, and had to do an intervention on another family member. If they don't choose to get well, at some point you have to just let go. I hope they can work things out.

HollywoodTrash

What drugs? You can't blame this on drugs without specifying what drugs? Weed? Not a drug...he plays sports, is probably very sore...I am guessing hooked on Oxy or some pain killers.

Ann

BB players are tested all the time. If he had drug issues over the past few years, why wasn't he fired from the team? Story sounds fishy to me.

Mali

This is really upsetting. You have a decent woman willing to stay with you no matter what and you are out cheating AND doing drugs. I love how Khloe is trying to make her marriage work (like couples did back in the day) but sometimes you just gotta let it go.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments