Old Man from 'Hangover'

Dead at 91

8/29/2013 11:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0829-hangover-murray-gershenz
Felix from "The Hangover" -- aka the old man who gets his balls checked in the best hospital scene ever -- has passed away at the age of 91, TMZ has learned.

The actor's name was Murray Gershenz, and his rep tells us he died from a fatal heart attack Wednesday.

Murray didn't begin his acting career until the age of 80, but he had since accumulated an impressive body of work ... including movie roles in "The Hangover," and "I Love You Man" ... and TV roles on "Parks and Recreation," "Will & Grace," "Mad Men," "Modern Family," and a bunch of sketches on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

Up until his death, Murray's rep says the actor was in stellar shape.

The actor is survived by his 3 children, his 2 grandchildren, and his 2 great grandchildren.

stu

Better bod than the Beaver.... i mean the Beib.

Big Khloe

So sad. Wish it were KK instead

Mumra the Ever Living

What is really sad TMZ, is that the man is famous for a very good reason and it has nothing to do with Harvey's fixation on testicles.
Murray Gershenz was the owner of a rare record store - it had over half a million records in it's inventory. They made a do***entary about him and his son.
You could have written a story about a man whose legacy is saving 500,000 records, some so rare they are the only known copy from destruction. Instead, you make a stupid joke about his testicles.
And that is why no one has any respect for your site. Honestly, look at your stories lately.

Mumra the Ever Living

Hey TMZ, here are a couple of snippets of what Murray was really about. BTW, sorry, but I got the number wrong - it was "only" about 300,000 in his current inventory.
He did infinitely more in his 92 years then the all the members of the Kardashians will ever do, yet all you can think of is his balls.

NE1

Veep!

billybob

WTF? This dude was already dead in "The Hangover", what you see there is a Robot-Tronic Puppet inside the dead body which was a loan from his money-grubbing family.

demoncat

how sad. sympathy to his friends and family for their loss of a unique individual who even aft age 91 was enjoying his passion and proving that even in hollywood age should not matter.

Nana

Prayers to his family. He probably got a real kick about The Hangover movie being such a huge hit and being a part of it, plus his other roles. It is heart warming to know he lived a full and happy life.

chicagoannie

Rest in peace, Mr. Gershenz. 91 is a good ling life.

Hank

And?

Nicoleasm

What character did he play in Will and Grace? Ive seen every episode and I dont remember him. Anyone know?

Mark Lewis

For those of you who know me well you know that I went to acting school and became an actor for 5 years over a decade ago. In school I became best friends with Murray Gerschenz, better know as "MusicMan Murray. Murray was in his late seventies then. We became instant friends. We both gave our instructor June Chandler a run for her money because we are outspoken individuals. Murray spent holidays at my home with family and friends for the the last decade. At the closing of every holiday evening he would sing a song before he left for home. A feeling of warmth and belonging was had by all. Murray was also a professional singer and cantor for many years. I left acting to become an artist and Murray trudged on with acting. He had many successes with his acting. The role that is being remember most on the internet right now is "Felix" in the movie "The Hang Over". He is laughing about that right now. He also owned a vinyl record store in the LA area. That is a long story that has been made into a do***entary. I remember spending 3 days counting the collection several years ago. We had to measure it by the foot. Each foot contained about 100 record albums. We ended up with a count of 275,000 records! I was privileged to be at his birthday in May with his immediate family. We both were in fair health. Him with a few issues and me on a cane from a military injury. I will treasure the moments we spent together from heckling June to sharing a beer and our thoughts about life. He liked Sam Adams. Murray left us yesterday August 28, 2013. Cheers.

Murray Demo Reel

Murray / Sarah Silverman / Ed Asner

Murray / Superbowl Chevy Commercial

Mark Lewis

Murray Demo Reel

Murray / Sarah Silverman / Ed Asner

Murray / Superbowl Chevy Commercial

Andrew Berry

Rest in peace, Murray Gershenz. For 91 years, you have lived a long and great life.:)

My dear condolences to his friends and family. :(

Jessica

We will miss you, Murray. Thank you for everything. Rest in peace. Please feel free to leave your condolences here: http://www.eternal-contact.com/murray-gershenz/

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2