Jane Lynch

'I'd Be Angry Too'

Over Klugman Diss

9/22/2013 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

092213_jane_lynch_launch_v2
Jane Lynch was shockingly candid today when we asked her how she felt about her "Glee" co-star Cory Monteith getting a special tribute while TV icon Jack Klugman is getting the bum's rush.

Jane was locked and loaded when we approached her ... and had clearly thought it through before she left home for Kings Road Cafe.

It seems Jane fully understands why Jack Klugman's son is so pissed.

Freddy

There is nothing honorable about honoring a junkie loser. So he had a couple of fans for just this one shot. Big deal. He lived a lifetime in the garbage, and the garbage he has returned to. The only thing a junkie deserves is our contempt and ridicule, and an unmarked and forgotten grave. Bye bye junkie boy!

NOT ELMO

TV icon Jack Klugman DESERVES a Special Tribute 100% MORE Than Cory Monteith..........

Carl

I blame the Emmy people for turning this into and either or thing. There is no reason whatsoever that they couldn't honor both of them. Insisting that they can only honor 5 people and that they need Cory to bring in the young viewers is disingenuous.

eajames

He deserves it just as much as anyone, if not, more. To be honest, no one gave a crap about anyone else that passed this year besides Cory.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

As far as Jane Lynch goes, I'm not a fan and not a non-fan, I just sort of know she's there and don't pay a lot of attention but I give her a lot of credit, having a conversation with a pap like a real person and keeping it classy on both sides of the question. Good job. I guess Kanye isn't going to hijack the mic for Jack and Larry tonight. That's too bad, I'd let him have that one.

eajames

Also, Cory made a positive impact of millions of young lives. To me, that is a bigger contribution than being in multiple TV shows.

Duke

Both Jack Klugman and Larry Hagman are more deserving.

jane

It does not have anything to do with a person having a substance abuse problem, although Mr.Klugman did smoke , which is addicting, and although they are legal they should not be. Having said that I believe Klugman more than deserves his place of 'honor' and I find (if not taken out of context by writer) what Cory M's mom said very disheartening.Both people should stand together and I believe that is what Klugmans son tried to do...he said simply Do Not Leave My Dad Out , and Cory's mom should have agreed with him.

swaogasgo

this has nothing to do with 'honoring anybody' it has to do with cold blooded corporate planning.........they want viewers........they want people to tune in.......they want to cory montieth demographic to watch the show.....only old people know much about the older actors.........they will probably watch the show anyway.......the network wants to sell adversising time, they new lots of viewers to get someone to pay for the add time........go with the younger demo......sad but true

lcmb

Tell the Emmy folks that you won't play their pandering games. I won't be watching.

This has been just a slap in the face to those who deserve to be memorialized.

Good for Jane, by the way.

Rolm

So go and be pissed. He was nothing but a weak puke, Od-ing on drugs

w

I really like this lady

lcmb

TMZ writers...

When you use "Quote Marks", it means you are quoting, verbatim, what has been stated.

She doesn't say "I'd Be Pissed Too", nor does she say "I'd Be Angry Too".

What Jane says is "I would be upset, too."

I hope this lesson on proper journalistic technique has been useful in some small way.

Mr. Pukey

Jack Klugman is a true actor that has several hit shows and movies to his credit. He came up and succeeded in "Old Hollywood". Cory Monteith, a stupid a$$ nonsense show and good drugs.. Where is the comparison? Jack deserves the praise.

chucklehead

TMZ if you choose to use a phrase, please use it correctly! THE BUM'S RUSH is to psychically use force to remove someone from a location. it does not mean to DISS!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments